Stock p06 running d15b JDM motor - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Stock p06 running d15b JDM motor

I just finished my motor swap and when I drive the car it seems to be fairly gutless, also when I wot it arround 5k rpm smoke blows out. Is this fairly typical when running the wrong ecu?
supateg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 DocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like Borat

isnt the P06 a non vtec ecu?
Old 05-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
noob

z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

are you talking about the d15b vtec? or the d15b non vtec?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
z6civicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

The motor is a d15b VTEC (oops forgot to mention) with a NON-VTEC p06 ecu that used to run its old d15b7.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Jvs10 is learning the way of the DJvs10 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

The fuel and ignition maps are wrong for that motor. Mine ran like crap too. At least get a p28 if you can't get your hands on the d15b ecu...
Old 05-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 DocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like Borat

IMO if the DX had 190cc injectors then using that P06's fuel map is making your jdm D15B's 240cc injectors run richer than the engine needs to be.

I wouldn't WOT that until I get the right ecu - a P08 at best.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
noob

z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

that d15b7 that the p06 runs has 240cc injectors so no worries there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
z6civicex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

the Dx has 240cc injectors. Your vtec isnt working, so when at WOT(when the fuel map and timing increases) the Dx stock timing is not enough to lean out the mix. Which causes you to billow out black smoke(unburned fuel). Not to mention you run the risk of washing the cylinders of oil and creating a metal to metal situation....which will ruin the motor. Get a P08 or P28 ecu and let the motor run like its supposed to run.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2009, 10:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

So are my dx injectors going to work when the new ecu arrives? Iam not going to drive it until I get the new computer because that would suck to ruin it after all that work.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

The PO6 with run the D15B VTEC, but no VTEC, the problem lies the small base lopes are not matched to the ECU tuning above 5000 rpms.

Just drive it normally until you can afford a correct ECU or have yours chipped. Keep it under 4000 and you'll be fine. Just don't go beating on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in