PLX M300's inability to read afr's below 10:1 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Default PLX M300's inability to read afr's below 10:1

I just realized this. well, I've always known since it just displays rich. but I have a semi-weird cold start issue and think it may be caused by a too rich of a mixture, but I can't even read afr's that low. forunetly you can datalog, cranking afr, well 500-1500 rpms. it would be nice to see them at lower rpms.

I'm in a rush to write this, If it doesn't make sense I'll edit it. but I'm curious if any of the other wbo2's read lower afr's??????
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 miro_gt is learning the way of the Dmiro_gt is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

mine also goes down to 10.0:1

M250 + gauge
miro_gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

ok, but I want it to go lower, specifically for cranking enrichment.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

lean it out till it reads... you don't need it richer than 10:1... why would it matter exactly how much richer?? you already know its too rich
<stock block d15b build complete.>
*Turbo Fabrication by Greg @ GO-AUTOWORKS.*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Tuned by Howard @ RLZ Engineering.*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SilentWrath* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

10:1 + is ideal for cold starting. I'm having issues with cold starting and it would be nice to see exactly what my afr was.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

lkailburn It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

what he's saying is slowly lean it out til you see it hit 10.5:1. then you know where you are at. i've heard too many issues with plx, that's why i love the simplicity and the total control over the LC-1. do you know if you can reprogram the scales? the lc-1 (and others) usually allow you to reprogram the scales to whatever you want them to be. some PLX models don't let you program your own scale but have preprogrammed scales 1-5 and you just choose which one you want.

-Luke
y7 block, deburred Vitaras/FJT Ibeams, Stg4 P&P y8 head, ported and matched y8 IM, ITR tb, wrx urboTurb, ramhorn, jrc 5" fmic, 450's, 2.5" dp, 3" exhaust, clutch specialties stg2, act 12lb, rebuilt y8 tranny, S300. 221whp/201wtq

2005 Legacy GT

My D16 Build

lkailburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
what he's saying is slowly lean it out til you see it hit 10.5:1. then you know where you are at. i've heard too many issues with plx, that's why i love the simplicity and the total control over the LC-1. do you know if you can reprogram the scales? the lc-1 (and others) usually allow you to reprogram the scales to whatever you want them to be. some PLX models don't let you program your own scale but have preprogrammed scales 1-5 and you just choose which one you want.

-Luke

Yeah, but the question is what exactly is the ideal afr for cold starting. leaning it out doesn't tell me anything though. I'd have to do the math to calculate what adjustment to the pulse width to get to the disered afr from 10.5:1. which is??????

ahhhh, I don't know anything about scaling. there wasn't nothing about that in the manual that came with the unit.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Yeah, but the question is what exactly is the ideal afr for cold starting. leaning it out doesn't tell me anything though. I'd have to do the math to calculate what adjustment to the pulse width to get to the disered afr from 10.5:1. which is??????

ahhhh, I don't know anything about scaling. there wasn't nothing about that in the manual that came with the unit.

1v=10
5v=20

thats how you set it up for hondata

never had a single issue with my plx, and for it to be any easier to use would be impossible. I know there will always be the innovative vs plx battle, but I personally will stick with the plx.
<stock block d15b build complete.>
*Turbo Fabrication by Greg @ GO-AUTOWORKS.*

*Tuned by Howard @ RLZ Engineering.*

SilentWrath* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

My LC-1 reads 7.3 to 22.9

10SecRex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 B20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropesB20BbenN is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I really doubt honda go any richer than 13:1 for cold start....no reason for that!
Do you see a lot of oem car with black smoke out of the exhaust while cold starting?
Black smoke= richer than 12:1=shit load of hydrocarbon in the exhaust...

B20BbenN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in