Help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Help

ok,i have a complete d16y8,running obd1,with a chiped and tuned p28.well any way when im in fourth gear and only fourth running my car hard i throw cel 22,it is vtec.no other gear does this,does any one know how to fix this
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

low oil maybe?
cause of the shity oil pump

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

no,oil is perfect does not make any since,it runs perfect through thired gear,and then when i hit 5000 rpm it throws a check engine light code 22,witch is vtec

Last edited by oldschool; 05-04-2009 at 05:36 PM.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 21 jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!
jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Do you have an oil pressure gauge? Does the oil light come on that high in the rev range?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 EH9 RIP -- 1992 BB2 RIP -- 1992 CB7 RIP
2004 Ram 1500 QCSB Hemi
jmn822000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

vtec works on oil, and the y8 is notorious for haven shity oil pump
hence not enough oil flowing to make vtec work, hence the code

or your solenoid is going out

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

no oil light ever or anything like that,the vtec selanoid is full of oil.i have a light inside of my car so when vtec comes on it lights up,as soon as it lights up in fourth gear,it goes off and throws that code.

Last edited by oldschool; 05-04-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

o yea while i have you guys on here what is the highest that you can rev safly with a d16y8 with arp head bolts other wise stock besides headers,full exhaust,intake,rc270 injectors,and a chiped and tuned p28,and an ls throttle body whether that makes a differents or not

Last edited by oldschool; 05-04-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 21 jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!
jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!jmn822000 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I'd get the problem solved before I worry about rev limit.

Source a junkyard and an extra solenoid to make sure it isn't the problem.

1994 EH9 RIP -- 1992 BB2 RIP -- 1992 CB7 RIP
2004 Ram 1500 QCSB Hemi
jmn822000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scott-503EK

id say for you stock rev limit is good enough lol otherwise your just gunna be making more noise and causing problems.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
o yea while i have you guys on here what is the highest that you can rev safly with a d16y8 with arp head bolts other wise stock besides headers,full exhaust,intake,rc270 injectors,and a chiped and tuned p28,and an ls throttle body whether that makes a differents or not
Why did you go down in CC's? stock y8/z6 injectors are 280's... safe rev limit is 7500 daily driver atleast thats what i run. Sure i could probibally run a lttle more but -shrug-.

Code 22 is vtec pressure switch, meaning for some reason in fourth gear under high load your vtec solenoid isnt seeing the pressure that it requires to engage vtec. Or, you have a loose ground wire.

killing me smalls. killing me.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 sql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post
Why did you go down in CC's? stock y8/z6 injectors are 280's... safe rev limit is 7500 daily driver atleast thats what i run. Sure i could probibally run a lttle more but -shrug-.

Code 22 is vtec pressure switch, meaning for some reason in fourth gear under high load your vtec solenoid isnt seeing the pressure that it requires to engage vtec. Or, you have a loose ground wire.

killing me smalls. killing me.
Stock Y8/Z6 injectors are 240ccs so he did go up.

OP: Where's your VTEC cross over set to?

sql_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sql_civic View Post
Stock Y8/Z6 injectors are 240ccs so he did go up.

OP: Where's your VTEC cross over set to?
hm, why was i thinking 280cc... your right.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

is vtec engaging for you?

a little off topic, but what kind of gains have you seen with your setup? are you tuned?
amer1337 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in