Dizzy help, dyno sheet inside - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
jio

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Dizzy help, dyno sheet inside

ok so after makin some more power, and changing the coil on my distributor the car doesnt want to rev to 7200 on the dyno. the blue line is the current power revving to 6500, under it is the old power revvin to 7200. I want to know what distributor will work without chopping up the harness or buying adapters. Right now its a Y8 head with a Y7 distributor on a p28 tuned on neptune. PLEASE HELP GUYS
heres the power with my old power under it
jio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

so what happens when you hit 6500? it stops making power or it just wont go any more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
jio

it acts as if its a redline. the tach goes a little crazy and says that im at 7200, but the dyno clearly shows 6500. same dyno was used all the time
changed the coil recently becuase i was losing signal due to a bad one

Old 04-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

weak coil, any CEL's?

What are your plugs gapped at?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

try another dizzy, it will prolly go away.

ive had the same problem before and swapping out the dizzy fixed it right up. coulda been any one of the sensors in there. it also mighta been the timing.. not sure. i just know swapping the dizzy fixed it

there you go, bone said coil, chances are he is right. it happens quite often.

check resistance on the coil to verify.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
jio

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
weak coil, any CEL's?

What are your plugs gapped at?
no cell's and i just got a new coil, the plugs are the ngk 4644 gapped at 20. we saw the more it gapped the more power it made. so the dizzy wasnt giving enough spark or something was happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
try another dizzy, it will prolly go away.

ive had the same problem before and swapping out the dizzy fixed it right up. coulda been any one of the sensors in there. it also mighta been the timing.. not sure. i just know swapping the dizzy fixed it

there you go, bone said coil, chances are he is right. it happens quite often.

check resistance on the coil to verify.
ima check the resistance and see whats up. im getting another dizzy tomorrow, and ill see if that works. What dizzy's can i use?
Old 04-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Berta is learning the way of the DBerta is learning the way of the D

the igniter could not want to keep up as well.
Berta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 17 Dweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dweezil Send a message via Yahoo to Dweezil

Check to make sure you didn't accidentally change the rev limit to 6500

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Arrogent?

No, I, like a lot of people on this site, don't have time for dumbasses that type like a cat with downs syndrome.

P28 Clone - $125 Each
Unchippable P28 - $65
Dweezil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2009, 06:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
jio

rev limit is still the same, i need to know what dizzy i can use on my y8 head so i can look for some,
thanks for the help so far
Old 05-01-2009, 06:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

any obd1 or even 2 if Im not mistaken just so long as it is not the z6 one z6 is bastard child dizzy for some reason

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2009, 07:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

i believe your going to have to use any dizzy from a obd2 car... the offset of the holes are different in obd1...

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
jio

ok so i got a new distributor
completely new, and now the car revs to 6800 now and does the
same thing, what else could it be that causes it to lose signal and act as
it hits a ingnition cut. im tuned on neptune btw
Old 05-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Berta is learning the way of the DBerta is learning the way of the D

seems like its the rev limiter in the program. you dont have a 2step that is interferring, do you?? That would be weird if so... Something is telling it to stop there.
Berta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

boost cut, fuel cut or rev limiter set in the program?
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2009, 07:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Is your speedo working?

Old 05-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
jio

its on neptune, its either a fuel cut coming in or like a random rev limiter
also acts as a ignition cut. ima have the tuner look at it friday morning
hopefully we figure this out since this is killing me on gearing/power
Old 05-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Thats why I asked if your speedo was working because if its not Neptune needs that for your 2 step. So when you try and get on the throttle the car trys to put itself into 2 step or antilag

Old 05-21-2009, 12:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic

it could also be a full throttle shift setting ive had that happen before i set my 2 step at 4500 set my rev limit and full throttle shift at 7200

also any non vtec distributor from 92-00 will work for a y8 head just get one that matches your plug if its obd1 with 2 connectors get any non vtec dizzy if its obd2 get any dizzy they're all teh same

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 07:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
jio

i got a brand new dizzy in fine, yea ima check the FTS tomorrow and hope thats the issue. Becuase 6500 is the rpm it holds on when its activated. and its acting like the same thing
Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

its in the tuning program.. and you dont need the plugs gapped at .020.. try around .028

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in