Crome Pro vs ECTune Pro // Innovate LM-1 Wide vs AEM Wide - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
cpl
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 cpl smells like Boratcpl smells like Boratcpl smells like Boratcpl smells like Boratcpl smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to cpl
Cool Crome Pro vs ECTune Pro // Innovate LM-1 Wide vs AEM Wide

hello...

crome pro VS ectune pro...
what are the advantage of ectune? what extra features this have over crome ?
ectune only works with innovate wide?
i know ectune dont write bin, only by ostrich... i will have ostrich so no problem about this.

so, pros / cons ?

and about the wideband...??
aem uego or innovate lm-1? what are the differences?
both works with crome/ectune/p28 ? i can use both in my pc/ecu ? both good ?

pros / cons ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2009, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Ectune has a better, cleaner interface, more features, better incoperated datalogging, less timing issues (Crome has some problems someimes holding steady ignition timing, which is not so good for keeping your engine together), and better customer support.

The LM-1 is pretty freaking fantastic, but i don't know much about the AEM. I do know that all innovate products are widely supported by just about every program out there, and the AEM is not as widely supported.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2009, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
cpl
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 cpl smells like Boratcpl smells like Boratcpl smells like Boratcpl smells like Boratcpl smells like Borat

A friend of mine said hers innovate controllers is already dying

ectune supports innovate / aem wide ? and crome?

>

Old 04-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

Sure, Innovate's stuff isn't perfect, but they really do have top notch customer service and, well, innovative products. LOL!

Like I said, I don't know what supports the AEM unit. ECTune and Crome both support any of the Innovate wideband units.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
cpl
D-series soldier

ectune license is 1year only.. humm, that suckz ...
point for crome!

anyone?

>
Old 04-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 ghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpl View Post
ectune license is 1year only.. humm, that suckz ...
point for crome!

anyone?

right from the ectune site:

Q: How does eCtune's licensing work?
A: eCtune provides a one year license for most of our product versions. This includes the DIY and Pro versions.
The one year license does not mean that you will have to purchase eCtune again after your one year license has expired, it only means that after that period you will need to re-register your copy of eCtune.
This is a very painless process that takes only a few minutes to complete.
ghettoturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
cpl
D-series soldier

ah , thankz!

someone can help please?

crome x ectune?

both accept aem uego wide ?

>
Old 04-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

you get what you pay for.

i see now that there is more to ectune than the software. the community is excellent. the service is top notch. as is the software.

i am truly happy with my purchase. it is the best software EMS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 03:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
cpl
D-series soldier

cool!

and about the widebands?

AEM or Innovate LM-1?
What is better ?
And what is supported by crome and ectune?

>
Old 04-28-2009, 07:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 christbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

crome pro supports both aem and innovate
not sure of ectune
Old 04-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Innovate widebands are better to use with ectune.Serial logging. No more ground offset issues.Honestly any ems will support any wideband almost as long as you know the voltage tables.

ectune hands down wins in a vs crome battle.

Quote:
holy fXck let him go back to honda tech where he can talk about the physics of some carbon fiber kanards or however its spelled
cbuscivictuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 DocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like Borat

Im a cromepro user
with LM1 / hulog / ostrich2 & burn2 all from xenocron.

I love cromepro. But where it is weak, eCtune becomes the better choice (all of what beave mentioned)

For me, excellent timing resolution and spot-on accurate afr readings, mean everything.

For that, I'm very interested to save up for an eCtunePro alongside what I already have, possibly another dedicated ostrich for it if necessary.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
4 doors of fury!!!!

Rep Power: 20 dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!
dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!dfanatic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dfanatic

one thingi have noticed about the aem WB is that it has a slight delay in display. its slight, but enough to be annoying. innovate is right on the money.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
cpl
D-series soldier

hummm im thinking innovate wide is better..

and ectune x crome i dont know yeat... i think ectune.. ?

DocHudson, crome havent a excelente timing resolution and ectune does you mean?

>
Old 04-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Dmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

how much does the ectune pro software cost?
Dmc971989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
cpl
D-series soldier

ectune = 200
crome = 150.

>
Old 04-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 DocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpl View Post
DocHudson, crome havent a excelente timing resolution and ectune does you mean?
Yes.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:34 AM   #18 (permalink)

another thing to remember about the aem w/b is that it can only use one input at a time. so if you want to "monitor" your afr's then that is all it can do at one time. If you want to datalog your afr's then thats all it can do at one time. it cannot use both outputs at the same time... which is kind of a hassle when you have to switch back and forth. not to mention when tuning also (if your datalogging a run, you cant watch the afr's and let off when too lean; only seems to be a problem not tuning with something that is "real time")

If you going boosted or spraying a lot then go ecutune for sure.. 50 bux is worth not having issues with potentially dangerous timing issues.

just food for thought.
forcefedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
cpl
D-series soldier

hummm and innovate can do monitor+datalog together?

im going N/a atm.. but maybe boost in future... dont know

more opinions please?

>
Old 04-29-2009, 09:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Ack. If what forcefed said is correct, that would be a pain in the butt. I'll stick with my Innovate wideband. (I have an LC1 I will be using eventually.)

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in