Shuddering after swap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Shuddering after swap

I want to say I looked for only 45 minutes for a related answer before posting this thread. Please excuse if it is in the wrong section.

I have 92 civic dx sedan with a 93 jdm D15B vtec swap in it. New axles and new clutch too.

After a week of driving when I shift into second and start to accelerate, the whole car shudders and will keep doing it as I rev up and again in third but not as severe. I know you guys will figure this out real quick and easy but I thought it was a motor mount and they are all tight and in good shape.

I thought it was the clutch but it does not rev up and not move, it is normal in that area. I cannot figure it out. I hate the way ot feels and seems I should know but do not. Thanks again.

red
pjschmitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

In what condition are your engine/tranny mounts?

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 ghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

are you sure its not misfiring/something ignition related?
ghettoturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

BrandonPettit It's a JDM Star Bitches....BrandonPettit It's a JDM Star Bitches....BrandonPettit It's a JDM Star Bitches....BrandonPettit It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Having the same problem with my LS swapped EF....I'm leaning toward the motor/trans mounts.

BrandonPettit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2009, 04:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Send a message via AIM to JdmEj8coupe Send a message via Yahoo to JdmEj8coupe

check your flywheel for hot spots or uneven wear that causes the clutch to skip make sure your flywheel bolts are torqued to spec and use loctite for peace of mind.

JdmEj8coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2009, 05:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdmEj8coupe View Post
check your flywheel for hot spots or uneven wear that causes the clutch to skip make sure your flywheel bolts are torqued to spec and use loctite for peace of mind.

:td: :td: im with you,souds like flywheel ....
civic88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2009, 05:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 kra95civic is learning the way of the Dkra95civic is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

mounts usually are the problem. however wheel bearing can cause this if its going bad my hatch used to shutter under excel/dexcel. also does it not since my axles are shit. also go over the hole swap again and go threw and see if any bolts werent tightened down or came loose.
kra95civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Solution Found

It was the axles. I had new EMPI axles installed with swap and they were not OK. One or both, cannot tell, But I think it was Passenger side based on some tests we did. Jacked it up, chocked rear wheels, started engine and put into gear. Observed the tire closely as it spun and saw it sort move up on one spot as it revolved around.

We went down and bought another set of the exact same brand new (no Core) axles from WABCO in San Diego. The axle brand is EMPI. Went back to the spot, jacked it up and yanked the axles out and swapped them with the bad ones of exact brand and everything. Put the new ones in and then adjusted the vales. Changed the oil and filter and then took it for a test drive.

I felt like I had just driven a vtec car for the first time since it hit so clear and hard at exactly 4500 RPM's. The whole shaking and shuddering and vibration thing had gone away.

Returned the axles, got my money back and had a Marlboro Menthol and an Ice Cold Diet Coke.

It was such a great relief to get that stuff squared away.

Thanks to all of you with your suggestions. Some were very worthwhile and others well, lets say they helped me to rule out some problems I did not have. Transzex - You are the man and I appreciate your assistance.

Peace out my people.
pjschmitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I had that some problem, axles were the last thing i checked. Mine was driver side axle. It did feel really good to fix it. Congrats man!

Lukefsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

lol i had bad vibrations and for me it was a combo of tired mounts and spark plugs...
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in