Question about hondata s300 cable? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
sprinkle fingers

Rep Power: 13 danhsol19 will become famous soon enoughdanhsol19 will become famous soon enoughdanhsol19 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to danhsol19
Default Question about hondata s300 cable?

Hey my question is i just bought a hondata s300 p28 ecu with hondata already installed. however i went out and just bought a cord from the store to connect my lap top to the ecu. Now here's the question is that cord suppose to work it seems my computer is totally recognizing the s300. I'm not able load my maps to the ecu cause it still thinks its off line which means the up arrow is highlighted to be able to use that function. so my question is does the actual hondata cord have to be used? i'm leaning towards yes but just need to actually know
258.8 whp
now pushing 13 psi
295.8 whp 240 wtq

ran on 1/8th mile with 23 inch slick
8.023 @ 90.73 mph w/ 1.88 60ft

09 toyota corolla S
danhsol19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 shadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhsol19 View Post
Hey my question is i just bought a hondata s300 p28 ecu with hondata already installed. however i went out and just bought a cord from the store to connect my lap top to the ecu. Now here's the question is that cord suppose to work it seems my computer is totally recognizing the s300. I'm not able load my maps to the ecu cause it still thinks its off line which means the up arrow is highlighted to be able to use that function. so my question is does the actual hondata cord have to be used? i'm leaning towards yes but just need to actually know

No I don't believe so.
Did you update the SManager on the computer? I remember reading on the hondata forums someone had a problem similar due to a different version of SM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D16a6
Bullseye .50 .55a/r
21psi on 90octane(Meth fed)
My Completed Sol Build(not so completed anymore):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Song of the Week: MC Rise- This is Life
shadhman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
sprinkle fingers

Rep Power: 13 danhsol19 will become famous soon enoughdanhsol19 will become famous soon enoughdanhsol19 will become famous soon enough

well guess what i had to update my smanager lol thanks for the reply.
258.8 whp
now pushing 13 psi
295.8 whp 240 wtq

09 toyota corolla S

Old 04-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 sql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

Just an FYI: That cable is just a standard A-B 2.0 USB cable. If you lose it or you think it's busted just get one at Radio Shack or probably even Walmart.

sql_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
sprinkle fingers

yeah wal mart has it
258.8 whp
now pushing 13 psi
295.8 whp 240 wtq

09 toyota corolla S
Old 04-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 shadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhsol19 View Post
well guess what i had to update my smanager lol thanks for the reply.
Good to hear you got it resolved!

D16a6
Bullseye .50 .55a/r
21psi on 90octane(Meth fed)
My Completed Sol Build(not so completed anymore):

Song of the Week: MC Rise- This is Life
shadhman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in