Code 43 check engine light - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Ms_Kittykat It's a JDM Star Bitches....Ms_Kittykat It's a JDM Star Bitches....Ms_Kittykat It's a JDM Star Bitches....Ms_Kittykat It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Ms_Kittykat
Default Code 43 check engine light

hey guys. i have a 92 civic with a b18b1 swapped into it. my check engine light has been coming on lately. i pulled out the obd connecter and linked it with a paper clip to read the code. it was a code 43 for the fuel supply system. it only comes on when i am driving at a steady speed around 80km(2200rpm) and goes off as soon as i shut the car off. no symptoms while driving. no sputtering or hesitation. no problems on starting. no issues at all. i know this code may also refer to the o2 heater aswell. i am wondering what may be the casue of this if there are no issues. i searched and alot of people are having reving issue or sputtering.

the only issue i have is i have always had a small miss fire at idle. during acceleration there are no issues. i have replaced the cap, rotor, wires and plugs. next thing to replace is the fuel filter. any ideas?

thanks.
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grounded

check fpr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

02 sensor or the 02 wiring.......i told my self i would never help somebody with a b series
turbozc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozc View Post
02 sensor or the 02 wiring.......i told my self i would never help somebody with a b series
your must not be a real honda enthusiast then. b16 or d16 it shouldnt matter. i know this car like the back of my hand. the 02 wiring is perfect. it has a leak between the manifold and the cat which i believe may be causing the 02 to not heat up properly but i doubt it. it also doesnt make sense that it only comes on when the car is cruising at a steady 80km. i would be leaning toward a fueling issues but there are no symproms of a weak pump. no issues on cold start up or during accelerating or a steady speed. the only issues is a slight misfire at idle. its has had a full tune up recently minus the fuel filter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Props on getting it done....but 3-4psi, srsly? That's kind of like having the opportunity to fuck Megan Fox but not being able to get your dick up.
mrfunktastic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

In what condition are the ground wires, and how many ground wires are there?

If there is any exhaust leaks, at cruise, there may not be enough flow to heat up the o2 sensor, or, there may be enough of a leak to cause the secondary o2 sensor to read a bit too different which will kick a code.

Eliminate all the simple stuff first. Fix the exhaust leak.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....mrfunktastic It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

grounds are good. it has had the exhaust leak for a while now. never been an issue. that is on the list to fix. the flange rusted and cracked on the car so i have to cut the flange off and weld on the new one to fix it. its been raining everytime i have the chance to do it. i will update one we get a new fuel filter and the exhaust flange fixed. thanks

Quote:
Props on getting it done....but 3-4psi, srsly? That's kind of like having the opportunity to fuck Megan Fox but not being able to get your dick up.
mrfunktastic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 meccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regular
Send a message via AIM to meccael Send a message via MSN to meccael

Code 43 is the o2 heater. Exhaust gases doesn't need to heat up a 4 wire o2 sensor - that's how single wired sensors work. Replace your o2 sensor.

meccael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 meccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regular
Send a message via AIM to meccael Send a message via MSN to meccael

Forget what I said. I'm thinking of code 41. The rest of my statement still stands. Check your fuel pressure reg. The vacuum line or the bladder inside of the regulator is blown.

meccael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in