Datalogging Issue - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Rep Power: 23 Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clutchmaster
Default Datalogging Issue

I got my xencron datalogging cable and I hook it up to my ECU. I made sure that the Ports on my ECU are the same as is Turboedit. (i'm using 3.1.10)
But it won't let me connect
Clutchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

What are your comm port settings set to in TE and also the comm port itself on the computer?

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Rep Power: 23 Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!

Okay I got it to read number and the comm ports are all set. Now the readings are all funky. Like i'm doing 104 when I'm just idling

Old 04-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

I cought hell with mine using Neptune until I downloaded the drivers now its flawless

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

cable installed backwards on the ECU?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
cable installed backwards on the ECU?
I'm getting reading now...just not correct ones I gather. Like i'm doing 104 when the car is still and rpm doesn't match.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 Kyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

On the guages screen are all the needles jumping all over the place?
Kyred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleslamhp View Post
On the guages screen are all the needles jumping all over the place?
yeah kinda all the reading for the most part are inaccurate. It will only connect to the ECU with a NG55 bin loaded. Not a NG60 or 62
Old 04-21-2009, 04:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 Kyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropes

You said xenocron datalogging cable. Hondalog or hulog? Are you datalogging with the ecucontrol plugin in turboedit? I'm using the ecucontrol plugin with TE V. 3.1.10 and a hulog and it works flawless. I am also using the inovate channel as well. I had trouble with mine at first, but it was just the ports. It was giving crazy readings. I changed the port settings and all was well. Make sure the ports are set to the correct speed also. I forget what it's supposed to be, but I'll check all my settings and give them to you if you need. Maybe contact fastcrxsi90. He got me going.

Here's how I have mine set up. First to make sure I had the right com port I went into control panel, system, hardware, device manager, ports. Then I disconected and reconected the datalogging cable to see what com port disapeared. Mine was Com 4. I right clicked on com 4 and made sure it was set to 38400. If not, change it this will cause weird readings. Then in turbo edit options, datalogging plugins I selected com 4 and also made sure it was set to 38400. I'm not sure if TE even supports other speeds for datalogging. That should be all the settings in turboedit. The open the ecu control plugin. Open settings and options. Under O2 settings select which wideband or if using the inovate wideband channels select stock with innovate channel and select Ch1 AFR. Under maptrace I noticed mine only works right if I average by entire log. I believe 1 and 4 cell logging work, but 1 cell logging seems faster. Under sensor selections. Fuel trace for inovate channel would be Ch1 AFR or for logging through the ecu it would be o2 value. Hope this helps and makes some sense. Oh and by the way this worked with NG 61 and 62

Last edited by Kyred; 04-21-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleslamhp View Post
You said xenocron datalogging cable. Hondalog or hulog? Are you datalogging with the ecucontrol plugin in turboedit? I'm using the ecucontrol plugin with TE V. 3.1.10 and a hulog and it works flawless. I am also using the inovate channel as well. I had trouble with mine at first, but it was just the ports. It was giving crazy readings. I changed the port settings and all was well. Make sure the ports are set to the correct speed also. I forget what it's supposed to be, but I'll check all my settings and give them to you if you need. Maybe contact fastcrxsi90. He got me going.
are you running vista..tell me your settings and I'll compare them to mine. The ECUcontrol plugin works fine. it's one of these that I have

Old 04-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 christbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchmaster View Post
are you running vista..tell me your settings and I'll compare them to mine. The ECUcontrol plugin works fine. it's one of these that I have

Im running the same cable with vista, however im logging with crome.
But a thing should pop up to click to install new drivers, just click install.
Also there is a write-up on moates or some site I read to install but with this cable two of the wires were reversed. I know in my p28 you line the black up with pin 1 of the 4 pin (which i believe is closest to the plugs, in a p28 anyway)
Then make sure your settings are right like said above.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by christbone20 View Post
Im running the same cable with vista, however im logging with crome.
But a thing should pop up to click to install new drivers, just click install.
Also there is a write-up on moates or some site I read to install but with this cable two of the wires were reversed. I know in my p28 you line the black up with pin 1 of the 4 pin (which i believe is closest to the plugs, in a p28 anyway)
Then make sure your settings are right like said above.

Yeah vista installed the drivers with no prob
Old 04-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Through all my reading I guess a resistor named j12 is supposed to be cut to datalog properly. Does anyone know where that is on a PM6 91 ECU
Old 04-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchmaster View Post
Through all my reading I guess a resistor named j12 is supposed to be cut to datalog properly. Does anyone know where that is on a PM6 91 ECU
that jumper is only on OBD1 ecus

with a PM6 you just plug it in and go.

I used a hulog with TE and ecucontrol and it worked great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
that jumper is only on OBD1 ecus

with a PM6 you just plug it in and go.

I used a hulog with TE and ecucontrol and it worked great.
I made some headway I created a base map based off of NG55 code and now ECU control wants to read it and connects

RPM acts funny still along with speed. 02 reads 4.92v TPS fluctuates between 3 102% and this is all with the car off and just the ignition on
Old 04-22-2009, 05:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I'm using xp with hulog. I think what you have is the hondalog. + 1 on the jumper. PM6 ECU's don't have it. Just solder in the datalogging plug and go. Maybe check into what was said above about the wires being switched. I thought I heard something a while back too, or just pick up a hulog from moates. Did you check the port settings in vista? It really sounds like it's doing what mine did when it was set to 9600 instead of 38400. Good luck with this. I hope you get it sorted out.

Last edited by Kyred; 04-22-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #17 (permalink)

Rep Power: 12 fastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

try a loopback test... either unplug from ecu and jumper the Tx and Rx together (making a loop) or if you have an internal modem you can connect to it and loop data through it. just connect and start logging and you will get constant values for the sensors. for example, the location for IAT is 32h...so if we send that value out we should get that value back (during loopback), which equates to about 161 degrees F.

connecting to the port has nothing to do with the ecu...if you cant connect there is something else wrong. you should also have no problem datalogging with anything newer than ng55...that code has remained unchanged and many people have used it.

if you still cant get it to work, i would try downloading freelog or bre and try to datalog with either of those programs. there are some "quirks" with vista and i have no way to test for them.
fastcrxsi90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in