Reviewing my tune - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xotic_crx
Default Reviewing my tune

Well with a good start from mightyjoe and keto, i've got my car fairly dialed in with Crome. I switched injectors to some 320's so i had to tinker with it some, and I noticed my high-cam timing is still the same as a stock p28 on a p30. I made some passes at the track the other day and noticed my AFR's are about 12.8 to 12.5 at WOT in high cam, so I leaned it out some, but I'm wondering if I should throw some more timing in the high-cam, WOT columns

For those not familiar with my setup, here it is:
A6 block, Z6 head, ~10.1:1 CR, Crower stg 2 Cam, Edlebrock IM, AEM CAI, RC Eng. 320 cc, tuning with Crome.

Heres my tune i'm running now since the adjustments on fuel.
Attached Files
File Type: bin Z6 tuned9.5(320's).bin (32.0 KB, 26 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< Like us on FB
xotic_crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!xotic_crx is the fucking MAN!!!!

Bump?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< Like us on FB
Old 04-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

i gotta get on a different computer(no crome on this one). I will def take i look and report back. Glad to see your still making forward progress unlike me. hahaha

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 SOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

post screenshots of your fuel and spark maps
Hondata S300/P28, Innovate LC1 wideband

SOHC_STUDENT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
tnk
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 tnk  is slowly gaining respecttnk  is slowly gaining respecttnk  is slowly gaining respecttnk  is slowly gaining respecttnk  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

im in to try and learn some of this
tnk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Stick around tnk, we might get that hatch of yours pretty quick.

< Like us on FB
Old 04-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

your low cam fuel has less fuel than a stock p28? I would add as a start, 1-1.25* more to the last 3 columns --- 8,9,B10. See how your afr's look, if its still on the rich side add another .25-.50* more.

Im running 33* wot with the B7...and it runs like a raped ape! No detonation or hesitation or over-heating.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm running less fuel b/c of the 320cc injectors.

< Like us on FB
Old 04-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

33* is a lot of timing, but IIRC won't d15's take a little more timing that a d16? Still, i have room to improve. The track was closed so I got no tuning time.

< Like us on FB
Old 04-21-2009, 04:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 shifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Changing timing without a measurement tool is dicey at best. There is generally a timing setting where the motor is most *happy* - adding timing past this point won't create much additional power, but will increase the risk of detonation. Generally you find this point and back it off a hair for a street car.

Alternatively, you could make pulls and check the plugs... this is a lot more complicated, and even easier to do on the dyno anyway.

If you are happy with how it runs, I'd call it a day until I could get on the dyno.
'90 Mazda Miata - Weekend Fun Car
'04 Toyota Prius - Wife / family car
shifty35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 08:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

with my y5 block, p08 head, p29's and crower stg. 3 I'm at 28* from 5000 rpm to redline for my high cam map. I'm scared to push it anymore. Use a detcan so at least, you can back off the throttle if you hear det. Instead of using the safety headphones, I switched over to a stethoscope attached to the hose coming off the block. The steth blocks out any other sound and goes toboth ears. It kinda hurts your ears tho with prolong use. G/L!
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

I've got a detcan hooked up just trying to find some mech. stethaschope...I've got a medical one from my stint in nursing school but I don't wanna tear it up, lol. I plan on doing the adding timing until it pings then back it off, but for now I just added 1* on the last 3 columns like Joe suggested, just haven't put the chip in yet.

Unfortunately, there's no close dyno, save one about 2.5 hours but i'd have to tune it myself and i just don't have the time.

< Like us on FB
Old 04-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

good call on the stethoscope. they pwn.

HF should have one, or any decent auto parts store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

We don't carry them at the Advance I work at, but i'm sure I can find one somewhere around here.

< Like us on FB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in