How to retrieve ecu codes - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org ŧ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction ŧ Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost
Default How to retrieve ecu codes

Guys, my rex has an obddo to obd1 ghetto conversion, and the check engine ligth is on, but canīt find the plug to retrive the codes.

So the question is. there is any other way to retrieve the codes, I mean getting the mil signal from one or two wires of the ecu ????

a13 is the mil ligth, and d4 is the service check connector,

how do I have to close the circuit with d4 to get the codes ????

BTW, the fail on the car is.

When I turn on the car ,no check engine ligth on, but I have to press to gas to start the car then, I have to keep the car above 1500 rpmīs, if not the car dies, but once the check engine ligth turns on, the car runs fine, but the idle goes to 1800.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2009, 06:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....

bump for help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Old 04-13-2009, 06:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
10 second daily driver :)

Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

correct me if im wrong guys but dont grounding pin 4 on connector D allow you to check codes? should be a brown or brown with white strip wire, i think when grounded it triggers the MIL to flash any codes. again its been a while but i am pretty sure thats how it works.
10.7 @ 137.97
1990 CRX Si D16Z6 305/265 @ 22 PSI (SOLD)
11.6 @ 118
Boosted91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 06:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

thanks, that is I was thinking , but I want to be shure, I donīt want to damage my ecu.

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 04-13-2009, 07:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
10 second daily driver :)

Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

i hear yah , on my car the service connector has a brown and a black wire teh black wire seems to be a normal ground and the brown goes to the ecu . so unless that black wire also goes to the ecu some where that i cant find then its just a normal ground.
10.7 @ 137.97
1990 CRX Si D16Z6 305/265 @ 22 PSI (SOLD)
11.6 @ 118
Boosted91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in