I'm buring oil.. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default I'm buring oil..

When i start my car up there is NO signs of blue smoke coming from the exhaust. but after about 10 min (when car is fully warmed up) I can clearly see lots of blue smoke coming from the exhaust. Is this a valve issue or are my rings fried? I figured if it were my rings it should do this at start up correct? but it doesn't at all. What do you guys think.
Schwing27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna90zchatchy is da #1 stunna

when you just drive regular does it smoke or when you get on it. If its only when you het on it, it would most likely be valve seals. But you wont be able to know for sure until you leakdown test your car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I ♥ my Honda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Bisimoto Engineering)

Alittle Nitrous feed ls coming in 2013
DD 95 integra- intake,fx200 clutchmasters clutch, more to come
Rip 92 civic dx fo do
90zchatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

ya, if i first start the car up and drive around it wont do it at all. but after the car is warm it will blow blue smoke more and more as rpms increase.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Tried a compression check yet?

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

most likely valve stem seals.
had the same problem. best way to check.
go down a hill and leave it in say 2nd gear and let the rpms stay up the whole way down the hill and at the bottom just give it some gas like get on it just a tad and see if it puffs alot of smoke.
this is how i figured it out. someone else on here told me thats a way to check other then a leak down test
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

I just went for a little drive, and tried that. I was going down a fairly steep hill and i let it in 3rd gear. it was at about 3.5krpms i believe and when i got to the bottem and reved it a little i could see some smoke but it was hard to tell since it was pretty windy out. When i got home i had the car in neutral and i held it revving at about 4k for about 3-4 seconds. there didnt seem to be alot of blue smoke while i did that.. when i let off the gas I hit the pedal to the floor for a second and there was a pretty huge puff of blue smokes that came out of the exhaust...
Old 04-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

The entire reason you want to do the whole "hill test" is because when you close the throttle plate your creating a huge ammount of vacuum in the intake manifold, wich draws in oil into the intake and then into the engine.

So what you want to do is go to the top of a hill, put it in a pretty high gear (like second) and keep the rpm's around 3-5 do not touch the throttle until you hit the bottom of the hill, and then floor it. If you see smoke then you have bad valve stem seals or bad valve guides.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

ill try it again now, wind has gone down a little
Old 04-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

alright im back already. hah less wind now. I did exactly what you said. while going down the hill i put it in 2nd and it was at about 4k all the way down the hill at the bottem I put it to the floor and WOW. ya a HUGE cloud of blue smoke came from the exhaust...
Old 04-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwing27 View Post
alright im back already. hah less wind now. I did exactly what you said. while going down the hill i put it in 2nd and it was at about 4k all the way down the hill at the bottem I put it to the floor and WOW. ya a HUGE cloud of blue smoke came from the exhaust...
Yep thats valve stem seals most likely, not a big deal probibally a 1 day job. Good top end lubrication
Old 04-13-2009, 10:03 AM   #11 (permalink)

Just got off work and did a compression test.

got the engine warmed up. Took all plugs out. and for each test i cranked the engine over 5 times and had the gas pedal to the floor.

This are the reading I got EXACTLY.
Cylinder 1. 182
Cylinder 2. 180
Cylinder 3. 179
Cylinder 4. 179

seems pretty damn good to me..

If my rings were worn out and causing my car to burn oil like it is... You would think i wouldn't have such high compression then right?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #12 (permalink)

bump.

wanna know what you guys think.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
bump.

wanna know what you guys think.
Dude the hill test told me everything i needed to know, its not your rings its your head.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

alright, well I might have to bring it to my engine mechanic because i dont think ill be able to do that myself..
Old 04-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
alright, well I might have to bring it to my engine mechanic because i dont think ill be able to do that myself..
Its actually not that hard, you can do it in one day. What can you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in