PCV valve - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 05:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default PCV valve

I searched a lil but im still unclear what exactly this does..

I have a jdm d15b, and its got some idle issues. only when the car is warm it will idle up and down from 5000rpm to 1200rpm. Im bought a brand new iacv, cleaned and re adjusted my fitv, still cant find the problem. Then i was told it could be my pcv valve.. could somone tell me where it is on this engine so i could check it out? Do you think this could be the cause of my idling problems?

also, i just put a new oil pan gasket on and i noticed it still leaks a little oil on the tranny side of the oil pan. (main seal i think??) and i was also told this could be the cause of a bad pcv... what do you guys think.
Schwing27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2009, 07:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

crxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwing27 View Post
I searched a lil but im still unclear what exactly this does..

I have a jdm d15b, and its got some idle issues. only when the car is warm it will idle up and down from 5000rpm to 1200rpm. Im bought a brand new iacv, cleaned and re adjusted my fitv, still cant find the problem. Then i was told it could be my pcv valve.. could somone tell me where it is on this engine so i could check it out? Do you think this could be the cause of my idling problems?

also, i just put a new oil pan gasket on and i noticed it still leaks a little oil on the tranny side of the oil pan. (main seal i think??) and i was also told this could be the cause of a bad pcv... what do you guys think.
The pcv valve is located in the intake manifold.
from here on out all will be healed due to the honda holy water (jb weld)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
302hp/262TQ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crxlifer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2009, 07:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

really? i thought its for crankcase ventilation. its just a hose from the top of the intake to the bottem.. what does it actually do?

I disconnected the top hose and tried to blow into it but i couldn't, i could suck air out tho. so that means its working right?

Old 04-11-2009, 07:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
nonvtak ftw

Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....Grounded Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grounded

It does exactly what it says it does.
Relieves Positive Crankcase Pressure.
It's also a one way valve so when your at WOT and your intake manifold pressure is near 0 it will not affect the PCV.

D-B-D-D-B-F-K-4G??
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2009, 08:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

crxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwing27 View Post
really? i thought its for crankcase ventilation. its just a hose from the top of the intake to the bottem.. what does it actually do?

I disconnected the top hose and tried to blow into it but i couldn't, i could suck air out tho. so that means its working right?
Yea but it runs through the IM to the block box on the back of the block. I dont think this is your problem
from here on out all will be healed due to the honda holy water (jb weld)

302hp/262TQ

crxlifer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

hmmm. well I guess im just going through the steps to try to figure out whats wrong. I have a valve cover filter on too. some people say its fine and some say i should keep the hose connected from the intake to the valve cover...
Old 04-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Reconnect the hose from the VC to intake tube. honda put it there for a reason dude
mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2009, 11:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

And here is a link from my sig, thread on superhonda.com covers the idle issues with our honda pretty darn good. Read it through
mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 06:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

i understand Honda has it that way for a reason but why do some people put breather on there then? Ive seen many pictures of people doing that so i figured it doesn't hurt anything so I did it myself. ill put that hose back on then i guess..

do you have a link to that page?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Formerly 95RedVXCivic

Rep Power: 11 Sarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarge

try your map sensor, mine had a peice of trash in it and it would idle all kinds of weird.

Need and ecu converted/chipped/socketed? PM me.

Speed cost, how fast can you afford to go?

"While it is legal for the police to lie, they may not unreasonably pressure a suspect to commit a crime."

My for sale thread!
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in