Ecu back from Evans tuning - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 shadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Default Ecu back from Evans tuning

Here is the story..

I had a P28 with crome on it. I wanted to get hondata with boost control so I sent it to Evans tuning to get it done. They called and said they couldnt use my ecu because it already had crome on it.
So I ended up buying one from them. The guy stated it would be a P28 that they will use so I was like cool perfect.. I just got my hondata back and there is no numbers on the ECU, No sticker above the pins. I can't tell if it's a P28 or they just gave me a P06.. Ontop of that they sent me a hella janky looking ECU (IMO). You would figure after droping $750.00 with them they would atleast take care of the Rust on it..

Any ways my question is. Is there a way I can tell if it actually is a P28 or something else?

Pic- I couldnt get a good shot of above the pins.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D16a6
Bullseye .50 .55a/r
21psi on 90octane(Meth fed)
My Completed Sol Build(not so completed anymore):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Song of the Week: MC Rise- This is Life

Last edited by shadhman; 04-09-2009 at 06:34 PM.
shadhman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

its prolly a P06 but it doesnt matter it does the exact same thing with the proper chipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

i can tell you if you take the top cover off and take a pic

Old 04-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

but ill bet its converted... its a habit of chippers to take off the stickers when its vtec converted, so the customer doesn't always think your sellin them a non vtec ecu or something
Old 04-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 17 Dweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to allDweezil is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dweezil Send a message via Yahoo to Dweezil

I always leave the stickers on and tell people I'm selling clones. It prevents things like this.

Quote:
Arrogent?

No, I, like a lot of people on this site, don't have time for dumbasses that type like a cat with downs syndrome.

P28 Clone - $125 Each
Unchippable P28 - $65
Dweezil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 shadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Tuned View Post
but ill bet its converted... its a habit of chippers to take off the stickers when its vtec converted, so the customer doesn't always think your sellin them a non vtec ecu or something
I can understand that logic but they shouldnt tell me its a P28. They should have told me it was a Converted ecu.. On top of that it doesn't excuse the rust. 750.00 dollars should warrant at least a steel crushed casing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweezil View Post
I always leave the stickers on and tell people I'm selling clones. It prevents things like this.
I like your way of business better

here are pics

+

D16a6
Bullseye .50 .55a/r

Old 04-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

the hondata costs $600 plus, $150 for a chipped p28 equiv isnt too bad.

stop playing it up....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
the hondata costs $600 plus, $150 for a chipped p28 equiv isnt too bad.

stop playing it up....
lol yeah yeah yeah danz your right

I just had higher expectations that got dashed I guesse thats why i'm jaded

D16a6
Bullseye .50 .55a/r

Old 04-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

always expect the unexpected, good or bad. wonder why they couldnt use your other ecu... crome is just the program on the chip that replaced the original chip. remove that programmed chip and you have a blank ecu do you not? or is it something in how the hondata is pinned in thats different? doesnt make sense to me.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic

that ecu you have now with hondata is vtec....

i dont know if its a real p28 or what, but it has the vtec support on the board so your fine

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in