A lil help please. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Mr.Si is learning the way of the DMr.Si is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default A lil help please.

For those of you that dont know i live in a town with one shop that does crappy tuning jobs, no other way to put it. the guy who was gonna help me tune my ride seems to have vanished so it looks like im stuck to do it myself. Now before the shit storm hits i have never tuned a car befor and yes i know hands on is the best way to learn but the only hands on ima have is my del sol. i know thier are thousands of write ups on tuning but none really give you a step by step process. i know no two cars are the same and that thiers alot more to it then just adjusting numbers. now my question is whehn your car is on the dyno and ready for the tuner to do his thing what is the STEP BY STEP process that he takes. and yes i know no two people tune the same also. im just trying to learn so when i have my shit built it wont be a 7 thousand dollar pile of slow.please no haters and remember im not stupid or a noob i just know dick about tuning and need to learn how.
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

First, establish what you will do with the car mainly. Will it be a dedicated track car, if so onle tune the WOT(wide open throttle) side of the map. Is it gonna be a DD with a nice powerband, if so tune the middle of the map more than WOT or idle.

Second, what are your power goals? Are you going for the very max out of your motor to the extreme edge or wanting a safe hp level for DD?

Third, what motor do you have? LOL I can tune a B7/A6 like its nobodys business. hahahaha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2009, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 shadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Dude there is a couple guys in town to tune. When your ready to tune give me a ring I will hook you up with the dude who is tuning my ride

D16a6
Bullseye .50 .55a/r
21psi on 90octane(Meth fed)
My Completed Sol Build(not so completed anymore):

Song of the Week: MC Rise- This is Life
shadhman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

if your going to tune your car yourself read every thing you can ... hell read untell your head hurts and then keep reading on top of that .. and be be scard to ask
mycarslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 HoldOnNotDoneAccelerating is learning the way of the DHoldOnNotDoneAccelerating is learning the way of the D

go to Redirection
they have exactly what you're looking for. look in the noob section and there's a thread, something bout the learning curve of a noob. it's REALLY detailed. he put a lot of time into explaining the process he went through to tune his civic. that is of course, only if you're serious about learning the black magic of... TUNING!!!
otherwise, for a general read on engine management, chaeck out the haynes manual on engine management. got all the basics, concise, to the point.
good luck with it.

HoldOnNotDoneAccelerating is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 sql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

Here's a couple of books I found helpful.

Amazon.com: How to Tune and Modify Engine Management Systems (Motorbooks Workshop): Jeff Hartman: Books
Amazon.com: Engine Management: Advanced Tuning: Greg Banish: Books

sql_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Mr.Si is learning the way of the DMr.Si is learning the way of the D

first thank you guys for being helpfull ima repping all of you. second i have a 94 del sol si with the ever so lovely d16z6. im going for 300 to 350 whp. i live in anchorage alaska so i only ge to drive it like 4 months out of the year 5 if we are lucky. so yeah my goal is a k killer.ima dirve the fuck out of it but mostly ima cruise.thanks for all the links but keep the info coming. see how do you know what to change and in what order. like waht is too much and what is too little. and yeah im very much ready ot learn the black art of tuning.lol
Old 04-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
FF Misfit

Rep Power: 26 boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostdelinquent Send a message via MSN to boostdelinquent Send a message via Yahoo to boostdelinquent

LOL, I have that book right next to me. If you're a learning to tune, read this book, and then read it again to make sure you didn't miss anything. It does an excellent job of covering everything.
That's b/c he is a BAMF son haven't you seen his other threads? He drinks cocktails all day long and sits by the pool. That whole "chuck norris is a badass" thing is a true story based off of Jakes life.

You don't know? Better ask somebody.
boostdelinquent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldOnNotDoneAccelerating View Post
go to Redirection
they have exactly what you're looking for. look in the noob section and there's a thread, something bout the learning curve of a noob. it's REALLY detailed. he put a lot of time into explaining the process he went through to tune his civic. that is of course, only if you're serious about learning the black magic of... TUNING!!!
otherwise, for a general read on engine management, chaeck out the haynes manual on engine management. got all the basics, concise, to the point.
good luck with it.
man i looked and i cant find that guys thread please help me out with that.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in