OBD 1 conversion wiring - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

crxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Default OBD 1 conversion wiring

Okay so I got my conversion harness in from Xenocron today. I am having a little trouble with the O2 sensor wiring due to the fact I have no clue what brand/Kind of O2 sensor I have. It was already in the car when I bought it. Does anyone Know how I can find out? Here is a pic

Also is there a knock sensor on a JDM D15b? I have two other wires on the back of the block I cant figure out. Here is a pic of that

Any help would be greatly appreciated THANX
crxlifer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

crxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussie

After further searching I found that the D15 B doesnt have a Knock Sensor, So back to the 02 sensor Question.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect4speedpride  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4speedpride

well those 2 wires go to the fan switch thats on the back of your old block. on this block, it has a plug in the hole. its what you see just left of the oil press. switch

*1990 EX 4dr*
B18C1 w/ CTR pistons, B16 head, skunk2 valve springs, crower stage 3 cams and CBR1000 Throttle bodies

*1993 LX 4dr*
H23A1, QSD H2B kit, GSR trans, log mani, HX35, 27x7x2.5 FMIC, 2.25" ic piping

My ride thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:bravo:
4speedpride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 SOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatnessSOHC_STUDENT is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

looks like a stock 4 wire O2 sensor
sensor ground
heater ground
12v +
sensor

not sure what color is what...
Hondata S300/P28, Innovate LC1 wideband

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOHC_STUDENT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC_STUDENT View Post
looks like a stock 4 wire O2 sensor
sensor ground
heater ground
12v +
sensor

not sure what color is what...
Yea I figured that haha Just trying to figure out what color is what.
from here on out all will be healed due to the honda holy water (jb weld)

302hp/262TQ

Old 04-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 Idahocrx is learning the way of the DIdahocrx is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Does it have a plug? if it does i can tell you what is what

I'm not in Idaho anymore!!!
Idahocrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahocrx View Post
Does it have a plug? if it does i can tell you what is what
No the sensor was already in the car when I bought it and the plug was hacked off. Is there anyway I can check it with a multimeter or something?

302hp/262TQ

Old 04-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Cool

Anybody got any advise Id like to get this squared away tomorrow???

302hp/262TQ

Old 04-09-2009, 08:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Cool

Bump...Anybody???

302hp/262TQ

Old 04-09-2009, 08:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Onatop Send a message via Yahoo to Onatop

so all you need to know are the o2 wires themselves or the wire harness as well?

Often replicated but never DUPLICATED & NEVER done like D&M Tuning
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

hello, mcfly

Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

This should help you.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onatop View Post
This should help you.

I am using a xenocron swap harness and the colors for the o2 wire inputs are here OBD0 - OBD1 Conversion harness: REV C The o2 sensor that I have has 2 white 1 black and a grey wire.

302hp/262TQ

Old 04-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 16 blueallie is learning the way of the Dblueallie is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

It's a bosch sensor. I'm looking for the same answer. Been seaching for the last hour for an answer. lol
Old 04-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueallie View Post
It's a bosch sensor. I'm looking for the same answer. Been seaching for the last hour for an answer. lol
How do you know that for sure? There are a lot of o2 sensors that look the same. Im just trying to figure out if there is a way you can use a mulitimeter or something to figure it out but it looks like that is a NO GO good luck let me know what ya find out

302hp/262TQ

Old 04-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

OkAY so after finding this http://www.boschautoparts.com/NR/rdo...sorInstall.pdf
It seems like
White- 02 heater control- Brown on my harness
White- 02 12 Switch- Yellow on my harness
Gray- 02 Ground- Purple on my harness
Black- O2 signal- Grey on my harness

Does this sound right?

302hp/262TQ

Old 04-09-2009, 08:23 PM   #17 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Sounds right, I came up with the same thing you did.

Original Honda Plug----Ecu pin/Function-------BoschO2------Xenocron harness

Orange/Black ---------Heater (ECU A6) -------White----------BROWN
Yellow/Black --------------12 Volt------------White----------YELLOW
Green/White --------------Ground ------------Grey-----------PURPLE
Grey(WHITE) ----------Signal (ECU D14) ------Black----------GREY
91Demon_Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

I vote sticky
Old 04-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Tuned View Post
I vote sticky
Yea thats the way I wired it I will let you guys know for sure when I get the motor in and running. Im still waiting on a couple parts so give me a little bit.
I ended up finding the diagram on google Google FTW

302hp/262TQ

Old 04-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 kra95civic is learning the way of the Dkra95civic is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

what motor are you using.

Last edited by kra95civic; 04-09-2009 at 08:50 PM.
kra95civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in