Honda D Series Forum banner

OBD 1 conversion wiring

14K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  oilspot 
#1 ·
Okay so I got my conversion harness in from Xenocron today. I am having a little trouble with the O2 sensor wiring due to the fact I have no clue what brand/Kind of O2 sensor I have. It was already in the car when I bought it. Does anyone Know how I can find out? Here is a pic

Also is there a knock sensor on a JDM D15b? I have two other wires on the back of the block I cant figure out. Here is a pic of that

Any help would be greatly appreciated THANX

See less See more
#3 ·
well those 2 wires go to the fan switch thats on the back of your old block. on this block, it has a plug in the hole. its what you see just left of the oil press. switch

#4 ·
looks like a stock 4 wire O2 sensor
sensor ground
heater ground
12v +
sensor

not sure what color is what...

#13 ·
I am using a xenocron swap harness and the colors for the o2 wire inputs are here OBD0 - OBD1 Conversion harness: REV C The o2 sensor that I have has 2 white 1 black and a grey wire.

#15 ·
How do you know that for sure? There are a lot of o2 sensors that look the same. Im just trying to figure out if there is a way you can use a mulitimeter or something to figure it out but it looks like that is a NO GO good luck let me know what ya find out

#16 ·
#17 ·
Sounds right, I came up with the same thing you did.

Original Honda Plug----Ecu pin/Function-------BoschO2------Xenocron harness

Orange/Black ---------Heater (ECU A6) -------White----------BROWN
Yellow/Black --------------12 Volt------------White----------YELLOW
Green/White --------------Ground ------------Grey-----------PURPLE
Grey(WHITE) ----------Signal (ECU D14) ------Black----------GREY

#19 ·
Yea thats the way I wired it I will let you guys know for sure when I get the motor in and running. Im still waiting on a couple parts so give me a little bit.
I ended up finding the diagram on google Google FTW

#26 ·
good info here

Reactions: Onatop
#29 ·
Yeah running the p28 you need the 4 wire. I have the exact same setup just about im going to try for the p08 so I can keep my one wire o2 sensor. Im running an 88 crx hf with the obd2 jdm d15b non vtec with ebay turbo. It has 310cc injectors so far. I don't want to push a lot of boost for now. Good luck on the project.

#31 ·
this post is kinda old dude... but to answer your question... no. buy the ecu, buy a conversion harness ( i suggest xenocron.com ) plug it in, you will have to pull one pin outta the ecu harness and swap another but its cake. you should be able to find the exact info you need if you just skim through a couple posts in the engine management forum. good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.