Bad idle.. still - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Bad idle.. still

ughhhh this is really annoying me! I still cant fix this idling issue I have. i got a jdm d15b in my crx. the car idles perfect up until it get to operating temp. then i have a surging idle. 600rpm- 1200rpm I bought a brand new $150 IACV and it still does it. cleaned my fitv, checked vacuum hoses. I cant figure this out. I noticed when i turn my lights on, or turn the heat on it will idle fine..

also i noticed when i unplug my iacv it idles fine..

i donno what to do..
Schwing27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

tiny vacuum leak somewhere or TB blade is dirty or adjusted too far open.

That screw that your NOT supposed to mess with.......yeah don't!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 HoldOnNotDoneAccelerating is learning the way of the DHoldOnNotDoneAccelerating is learning the way of the D

my mate had the exact same problem with his evoIV. problem was the TPS was moved. took a while to find what voltage it should be set to at idle but once he had that, no problems. check TB. anything adjusted?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HoldOnNotDoneAccelerating is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 DocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like Borat

TPS + random ghetto adjustment = idle problems.
op: i hope this is the only case in your engine. then the fix will be simple.. use a multitester to calibrate it.

Yeah like Bone said, that yellow paint was there for a reason lol
Old 04-08-2009, 03:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

tps doesnt cause a surging idle like op describes... it will cause a low idle or high idle and funky acceleration characteristics while driving, but no surge. before i fixed it, mine was less than half the voltage measurements it should have been haha
Old 04-08-2009, 07:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 HoldOnNotDoneAccelerating is learning the way of the DHoldOnNotDoneAccelerating is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchnthoughts View Post
tps doesnt cause a surging idle like op describes... it will cause a low idle or high idle and funky acceleration characteristics while driving, but no surge. before i fixed it, mine was less than half the voltage measurements it should have been haha
don't tink he means surge per-say. think he just means the idle is hunting up and down? anyway, doesn't hurt to check the basics anyway. eliminate a few possibilities. also was the car mapped?? were the idle characteristics mapped on ok?

HoldOnNotDoneAccelerating is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

thats for the replys. Ill check the tps tomorrow.. but i dont think thats the problem. Like i said. It only does this when its warmup fully. idle go from 500rpm, to 1200rpm at a steady pace. over and over and over. I drove my to buddys house to see if he had any idea.. I just let it idle like that and after about 30 seconds it idled normal. then i revved it a couple times and it idled perfect. I let it idle for a few minutes and revved it every once in a while and it still idled perfect. But then i got in the car, put it in gear backed the car up about 10 feet and it started idled from 500 to 1200 again.. over and over and over at a steady pace.. then let the car idle for about 5 minutes again and after about 30 seconds it would idle fine. but as soon as i begin driving it the idle will go all weird again... this is sooooo confusing!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwing27 View Post
thats for the replys. Ill check the tps tomorrow.. but i dont think thats the problem. Like i said. It only does this when its warmup fully. idle go from 500rpm, to 1200rpm at a steady pace. over and over and over. I drove my to buddys house to see if he had any idea.. I just let it idle like that and after about 30 seconds it idled normal. then i revved it a couple times and it idled perfect. I let it idle for a few minutes and revved it every once in a while and it still idled perfect. But then i got in the car, put it in gear backed the car up about 10 feet and it started idled from 500 to 1200 again.. over and over and over at a steady pace.. then let the car idle for about 5 minutes again and after about 30 seconds it would idle fine. but as soon as i begin driving it the idle will go all weird again... this is sooooo confusing!

i'm not lying when i say the symptoms are IDENTICAL to what my buddy's evo IV was like. his TPS was just out by a fraction, barely needed to touch the thing to adjust it proper. just so you know...

Old 04-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Pyro336 It's a JDM Star Bitches....Pyro336 It's a JDM Star Bitches....Pyro336 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwing27 View Post
ughhhh this is really annoying me! I still cant fix this idling issue I have. i got a jdm d15b in my crx. the car idles perfect up until it get to operating temp. then i have a surging idle. 600rpm- 1200rpm I bought a brand new $150 IACV and it still does it. cleaned my fitv, checked vacuum hoses. I cant figure this out. I noticed when i turn my lights on, or turn the heat on it will idle fine..

also i noticed when i unplug my iacv it idles fine..

i donno what to do..
You said you CLEANED the FICV but did you adjust it????

You Rep Me, and I'll Rep You Back!!!!!
Pyro336 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

my buddy is coming over tomorrow with his volt meter.. i dont have one.

and ya i screwed the ficv valve thinger futher in. it didnt do much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in