Tuning Equipment- Am I forgetting anything? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
FF Misfit

Rep Power: 26 boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostdelinquent Send a message via MSN to boostdelinquent Send a message via Yahoo to boostdelinquent
Default Tuning Equipment- Am I forgetting anything?

my info is gone until all the BS ads are.
That's b/c he is a BAMF son haven't you seen his other threads? He drinks cocktails all day long and sits by the pool. That whole "chuck norris is a badass" thing is a true story based off of Jakes life.

You don't know? Better ask somebody.

Last edited by boostdelinquent; 04-08-2009 at 07:38 PM.
boostdelinquent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
jew
www.rifftrax.com

Rep Power: 16 jew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via MSN to jew

i'd recommend anything other than an innovate wideband. i have one and i know 2 other people locally that have one and we have ALL had problems with them. i also see a lot of people in various forums that have the same problems. they work for a few months then you have to recalibrate. now after doing that every couple of months for the past year, recalibrating isn't even working for me.

trust me, save yourself time and headache and just get a plx or aem wideband.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Whenever I pack something up, I take all the trash out of my car and use it for padding. Hamburger boxes, beer cans, whatever...A lot of times I'll even grab plastic bottles and put them in there. It's awesome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

weird i absolutly love my LC1.

i am just going to suggest you dont buy an LM1, get an LC1 with a gauge so you can mount a gauge for when you need one, and also use the serial output or 2nd output to datalog your AFR's with your RPM, boost, etc

LM1 is just a big box that displays your AFR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
FF Misfit

Rep Power: 26 boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to boostdelinquent Send a message via MSN to boostdelinquent Send a message via Yahoo to boostdelinquent

The reason I chose the wideband I have listed is so that I don't have to hardwire it to tune other people cars. Unless I am misreading the description on the site it looks like all I have to do is put the 02 sensor into an 02 bung and then plug it into the cigarette lighter and I'm good to go. I did have an AEM UEGO and will be using that in my personal car, however this one seems like it'll do a good job for the intended purpose.

I also just looked at the PLX M-300 and it seems like a pretty good deal as well. Has anyone else used this one?
That's b/c he is a BAMF son haven't you seen his other threads? He drinks cocktails all day long and sits by the pool. That whole "chuck norris is a badass" thing is a true story based off of Jakes life.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

I'll make some suggestions.

desoldering braid, doesn't really work that great. its weird, it'll work on some connections and then act gay on others and not want to work. I want to buy a solder sucker to try out and compare. cause I didn't have the best of luck with the braid.

What car are we talking about? I'm guessing not obd0, cause there's free dataloggers.

Laptop: I ran a 300mhz processor w/ 128 ram or 256, don't remember. but I tuned with ostrich just fine. I'm using a 400mhz w/ 256 ram now. and it runs the same. and this is with XP.

Burner: The only thing I don't like about my willem dual power is that it doesn't read chips easily and accurately. so the burn2 is probably the better choice. though I rarely even read from chips.

Ostrich kicks ass. I have a PLX m300 I love, just to throw that out there. A det can is nice to have too.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
FF Misfit

I'm not even sure which car at this point. I'm in the beginning stages where I stockpile parts that can be used on just about any Honda but am leaning towards a H2D in a CRX swapped over to OBD1. Thanks for the input. :td:

Old 04-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
jew
www.rifftrax.com

Rep Power: 16 jew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via MSN to jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post

i am just going to suggest you dont buy an LM1, get an LC1 with a gauge so you can mount a gauge for when you need one, and also use the serial output or 2nd output to datalog your AFR's with your RPM, boost, etc

lc-1 is what me and all my friends have and we ALL have problems with them. maybe you got lucky, but 100% of the lc-1 units i have had personal experience with have had major issues requiring a recalibration at least every 3 months.

Quote:
Whenever I pack something up, I take all the trash out of my car and use it for padding. Hamburger boxes, beer cans, whatever...A lot of times I'll even grab plastic bottles and put them in there. It's awesome.

jew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 DRFT is learning the way of the DDRFT is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

PLX M300 very very easy install , self calibrating, havn't had any problems with it, working great!!

my Lc-1 had the same problem that everyone else was having after I trashed it and bought the PLX and it literally took 15 min to install and havn't had one single problem been running it for over 1 year now!
DRFT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
FF Misfit

Thanks for the info. I also mentioned the PLX M-300 to a friend of mine who has a Talon and he said all the guys using them love it as well. I think I'll be going w/ it instead of the innovative unit.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

But he is going with the LM-1 my tuner has one and he likes it and does not seem to have the same issues as the LC-1. Took me a little bit of time to get my LC-1 to finally act right wish I had went with a different one but oh well

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I'll make some suggestions.

desoldering braid, doesn't really work that great. its weird, it'll work on some connections and then act gay on others and not want to work. I want to buy a solder sucker to try out and compare. cause I didn't have the best of luck with the braid.

What car are we talking about? I'm guessing not obd0, cause there's free dataloggers.

Laptop: I ran a 300mhz processor w/ 128 ram or 256, don't remember. but I tuned with ostrich just fine. I'm using a 400mhz w/ 256 ram now. and it runs the same. and this is with XP.

Burner: The only thing I don't like about my willem dual power is that it doesn't read chips easily and accurately. so the burn2 is probably the better choice. though I rarely even read from chips.

Ostrich kicks ass. I have a PLX m300 I love, just to throw that out there. A det can is nice to have too.
used with liquid flux works wonders

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post

my tuner uses the handheld lm1... if you only going to be tuning you OWN car i suggest getting an aem eugo.. if your going to be tuning yours/others i would get the handheld... works great

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6

im using the aem ugeo....love it any time i install one thats what i use.....AEM UGEO FTW!

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
FF Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymx6 View Post
Liquid flux? Could you elaborate a little?

Old 04-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymx6 View Post

on the braid it's self or on the joints?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in