z6 acceleration issues - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default z6 acceleration issues

hello, i am rage and i am new to the forum, from the bay area in Norcal, was referred here from club civic.com, just bought a 94 ex coupe with a d16z6, and i don't feel that it accelerates as it should, first let me say that i tried searching for the topic but i did not see much that could help but please feel free to enlighten me. first, it has an auto tranny, second, the gas pedal feel very tight, that could mean many things, but it feels like i need to give it too much gas to get it moving. third, it seems like the car has a very very light vibration coming from the back, and im just looking for advice on what i should check. damn at some point ill check into the local part of the forum, see if i could find a local D series pro to check it out too. but any help would be appretiated.
Ragedeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

91sihatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

if you have vibration in the rear and also takes alot to get moving, then double check your rear brakes and e-brake cables.
just something to check to see if everything is releasing like it should and not causing any drag
^^^^^^^^Trading Tactics in a for sale forum

Old Toy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
91sihatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 mondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mondo9psi

brakes, tranny filter, AUTO TRANS, dizzy idk need more info

Old 04-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

i am willing to check whatever you may recommend or get whatever info your asking if it helps, i will get the brakes examined soon, to see if the first poster was correct, also if this matters, my tranny fluid seems to be ok,no metal shavings from it, not able to check out the filter until next weekend, and whatever the problem is, i think it might be affecting my gas mileage. is there anyway to know if its running too lean or rich? i was planning on doing the sea foam auto tranny treatment on it soon since i just did a regular sea foam treatment myself this weekend, made some difference, but not enough.idle is rough but i understand cleaning or replacing the iacv should help a lot. so what about the dizzy could affect the acceleration? like if the firing order is off? and other suggestions?
Old 04-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 mondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to all

miles on the motor?
Old 04-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

154k miles
Old 04-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

try a fresh tune up. all fluids radiator flush the works.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

91sihatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

you can tell if its running to lean or rich by pulling the plugs and examining them. They should be a light gray with the tips being kinda white.
If they are black then you are running to rich,if they are very light in color then your running to lean. Also double check that the gap on the plug is right for your application
^^^^^^^^Trading Tactics in a for sale forum

Old Toy

Last edited by 91sihatch; 04-05-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: ninja
91sihatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

^^^ x's 2
Old 04-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 lileghatch  is accepted as part of the communitylileghatch  is accepted as part of the communitylileghatch  is accepted as part of the community

do a good tune up...clean throttle body,clean injectors,check tire pressure,flush raditor,bleed brake lines,new tranny fluid,wires,plugs,cap and rotor and iam just helping you out..lol those are some things that will proly help..lol..good luck
lileghatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in