97 ex civic auto to stick swap issue - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 97 ex civic auto to stick swap issue

man Im glad I was told about this web site
Im going to tell all so no miss info

I have a 1997 honda civic ex sohc d series vtec, it was an auto I had it changed to a stick and had a turbo added in 1998, I always had a check engine for the auto tranny not being there but that was the only one I EVER had, so I took the blub out just so I would not have to see it, and never had a problem passing inspection. I took the turbo out in 2000, to have it custom painted.
The question I have is the car wont pass inspection with the check engine. with the new way for inspections being done. So I went out and bought a ecu from a 1996 ex stick I put the computer in and when I start the car its all it good for a few seconds then the car starts to have a idle problem, at that exect moment the check engine light comes on, its real light in the begining and the get worse after a few seconds. Im pretty sure its the iacv, from what ive been told is the auto has a 3 wire and the stick has a 2 wire, i got a diagram of this web site is this is all I have to do using the stick ecu
http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/...-98_a-plug.jpg
I would rather do above but,
I have also been told that i need to buy a intake manifold, throttle body and iacv for a stick install them and rewire the iacv at the ecu. Which is it?

Any help would be great.
thanks guys
c70civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

well, in order to install a 2 wire IACV you'll need the 5 speed IM (96-98 ), a 2 wire IACV (with the mounting holes close together. there are two different models. I got mine off a C32A Legend just FYI) and the 5 speed TB, since the auto IM has no IACV holes and the auto TB will have a hole left over from where the 3 wire IACV was. You could skip on buying the 5 speed TB and just plug the hole on the auto TB with a sheet of aluminum, but it might be easier to get the 5 speed IM with a TB already attached and ready to go.
Then wire the 2 wire IACV,according to the FFSquad DIY. Once you pass emissions you can do what you like, as long as you can pass every year

Last edited by bumpstick; 04-02-2009 at 07:12 PM.
bumpstick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in