Throttle response - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 07:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Throttle response

This usually only happens when the engine is cold, but when I hit the gas in second theres major lag. Its like it takes a couple of seconds for the car to pick up. Then when its warmed I don't notice it. Is that normal?
MIZZL3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 mondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mondo9psi

no is it hard to start?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!

tps maybe

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 07:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 mondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to all

well see my car does the exact same thing, when its cold its hard to start and when i do start it its lke the the throttle does the exact oppisite, until it warms up a little.

i'm starting to think its my cts or iat
Old 04-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

starts like a champ. I just put this d15b into my 94 dx. I havent worked out the bugs and this is one I want to fix. Could it be that I need to adjust the throttle cable?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

91sihatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

try cleaning the iacv.
just a thought
^^^^^^^^Trading Tactics in a for sale forum

Old Toy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
91sihatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 sql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

Sounds like the throttle plate might be gummed up and is sticking when you step on the accelerator. Try cleaning it.

sql_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

91sihatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

interested in the outcome of this
^^^^^^^^Trading Tactics in a for sale forum

Old Toy

91sihatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ok thanks Im going to screw with it this weekend. The other day I was parked on a hill facing up. When I tried to leave it super bogged down. Its like you give gas and it takes a few seconds to catch up. Then when its warm theres no issue. I will say though when it runs good its sweet. Thanks to all you guys for the help and screw that guy on Craigslist that sold me an $80 bunk ecu and prolonged my absence of VTEC. And no love for the B series haters who say VTEC on D series isnt noticeable, its not like NOS but its way louder and the speedometer creeps up faster. The EX tranny upgrade is a 100% must. Peace.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo9psi View Post

i'm starting to think its my cts or iat
you have a Cadillac under your hood?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIZZL3 View Post
starts like a champ. I just put this d15b into my 94 dx. I havent worked out the bugs and this is one I want to fix. Could it be that I need to adjust the throttle cable?

you have a jdm d15b vtec right. not a b7? what ecu are you using?

it may just be the tune. the p06 having enough of a different map to run the d15b a little funky in some areas. when the o2 kicks in it probably runs fine. How's accelerating, WOT/top end?

Last edited by guest; 04-08-2009 at 05:18 AM.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scott-503EK

Quote:
Ok thanks Im going to screw with it this weekend. The other day I was parked on a hill facing up. When I tried to leave it super bogged down. Its like you give gas and it takes a few seconds to catch up. Then when its warm theres no issue. I will say though when it runs good its sweet. Thanks to all you guys for the help and screw that guy on Craigslist that sold me an $80 bunk ecu and prolonged my absence of VTEC. And no love for the B series haters who say VTEC on D series isnt noticeable, its not like NOS but its way louder and the speedometer creeps up faster. The EX tranny upgrade is a 100% must. Peace.
then you got something wrong dude cause i just put the same engine in my ek and it was doing the same thing until i got it chipped. then ran like a dream. just an idea
Old 04-23-2009, 06:25 AM   #13 (permalink)

okay im having the same problem exectly i have a jdm d15b in my 93 cx hatch with a p28 im dtermined to figure it out i will post any thing i find.
hondaphile5990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
10 second daily driver :)

Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....Boosted91 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

the timing belt being off even just 1 tooth will cause this same thing. if you cant find any other cause it wont hurt to pull the balancer and covers and confirm your belt is right. this is even more tricky when you start mixing and matching heads and blocks.
10.7 @ 137.97
1990 CRX Si D16Z6 305/265 @ 22 PSI (SOLD)
11.6 @ 118
Boosted91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

yeah ahah, i forgot the name of the coolant temp sensor
Old 04-23-2009, 07:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

theres another thread on the same thing another d member is having issues with. and i'd like to know why my car does this too!!! no cels at all
Old 04-23-2009, 08:02 AM   #17 (permalink)

well i got my d15b from tiger japanese motors online so the timing belt should not be off one tooth unless some japanese guy changed the timing belt and didnt know what he was doing lol. I can shut off my engine after it warms and it will start fine its only when its cold, do you think ignition timing maybe??????
hondaphile5990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaphile5990 View Post
well i got my d15b from tiger japanese motors online so the timing belt should not be off one tooth unless some japanese guy changed the timing belt and didnt know what he was doing lol. I can shut off my engine after it warms and it will start fine its only when its cold, do you think ignition timing maybe??????
Some other guy posted a thread just like this one not two weeks ago. He needed a new throttle position sensor, coolant temperature sensor, and some other sensor i forgot about. But the main source of his problems came from an old/faulty Coolant Temp Sensor and his TPS was in need of some cleaning (use MAF sensor spray, it works like a charm for carbon deposits). So, try those two sensors if you haven't already. best wishes
puertoricanboy90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

this is that one guy's thread

https://d-series.org/forums/engine-ma...ml#post1622157
puertoricanboy90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2009, 05:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 HoldOnNotDoneAccelerating is learning the way of the DHoldOnNotDoneAccelerating is learning the way of the D

Quote:
This usually only happens when the engine is cold, but when I hit the gas in second theres major lag. Its like it takes a couple of seconds for the car to pick up. Then when its warmed I don't notice it. Is that normal?
started happening to my d15b2 recently, iat connection was wet, dried it and prob disappeared.
might check dissy timing if you haven't? ECU runs on correction maps til it's warm, spark timing might be way off if dissy's out far enough.

HoldOnNotDoneAccelerating is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in