Swapping a DX mount for SI mount? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 04:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Swapping a DX mount for SI mount?

hey guys. i need to swap my DX drivers side engine mount, for an SI drivers side engine mount. Because im installing stiff mount inserts, and they didn't make a kit that included a DX insert, it was the only mount that was off.

So i've got the SI mount and bracket already, but now i need to switch out the old, and install the new. I need to remove the timing belt cover, and im not sure exactly how to do that, i've never messed with a timing belt.

any help? or write-ups already. I've searched, but cant find anything specific.

and it's a 95 hatch, ahh the engine was swapped, to be honest, im not sure of the exact model, pretty sure it's a d15 zc vtec. sorry, i didn't drop it in there.
Winston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 05:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 6 reviews

the mount should be the same but if you must switch it.....you must unbolt the flywheel loosen the vavle cover and the 10mm bolts just take all those off that hold the cover on and after that you should be fine. after that its just popping the cover off and changing the bracket....
classiccarsrule85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

hey, you said i gotta unbolt the flywheel.. but i may actually be able to just get the top half of the timing cover off, i noticed it is two seperate parts, top half, and bottom half.

ill try to post pics if i do it.
Winston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

i have no idea why you would have to loosen the flywheel because the flywheel is on the opposite side of the block and has nothing to do with the timing belt. to get to it you would need to remove the transmission. if you search for a t-belt DIY you will likely find the answer that you are looking for, and you will probably also notice that pulling the transmission is not listed anywhere in the steps. GL
bumpstick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

i just wiggled the lower timing cover around to get the mount off the block. it wasnt super easy, but i couldnt get the crank pulley off at the time so its what i had to do. not sure why you want to swap that part anyways since it should be the same.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in