GReddy e-manage ecu problem - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default GReddy e-manage ecu problem

hey guys,

i'm attempting to run a USED greddy kit with e-manage blue on my d15b vtec,(it's 100% stock) with a p08 ecu.i know people say emanage sucks but i need it to tie me over for a few months.
-The previous owner said it was on a 92 hatch with a d15b vtec running at 7psi with no problems.
The problem: My car wont start when the e-manage is plugged in but it does start with just the stock p08 ecu.I checked all of the wiring by looking at the diagrams on the GReddy web site and it was spot on. I don't have the cable for the emanage to laptop and don't wanna spend a million dollars on that stupid cable!
-I know both the p28 and p08 can run the d15b vtec. So my guess is the guy before me was running the emanage with a p28 thus preventing me from being able to start it with a p08? I'm i correct???Does the emanage store settings specific to just the ecu it was last connected to?

So basically what I'm asking is should I get a p28 to run it???
THANKS!!!
wikidsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

why would you throw money at a P28 when you can just get a chipped p28 for $25 more and be done with the shitty crap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

What do you think about this route?

Xenocron Tuning: Chipped OBD1 VTEC ECU. #[P28-Equiv]
wikidsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

it sounds like you either dont have the ignition wire correct or your trying to connect the injectors and are forgetting wire for the injector ground on the emanage.
Been there... muffed that.
siret01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2009, 11:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by siret01 View Post
it sounds like you either dont have the ignition wire correct or your trying to connect the injectors and are forgetting wire for the injector ground on the emanage.
Been there... muffed that.
correct if your car still starts it could be one those problems. either your wiring is incorrect or you just have a faulty emanage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
saikou27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in