Quick y7 emissions equipment question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Default Quick y7 emissions equipment question

I have a bone stock (stock intake manifold) y7 in a 2000 cx and in preperation for the z6 swap I want to do i want to clear all the emissions stuff out of the bay ( the charcoal canister, purge solenoid,whatever the various sensors besides map/tps/iacv that are on the manifold)

Does it need any of that stuff to physically run? I'm going to throw in my ectune ecu and run it on a tweaked po6 map so i don't have to worry about check engine lights, but does that manifold require any of that stuff to run safely?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
holy fXck let him go back to honda tech where he can talk about the physics of some carbon fiber kanards or however its spelled
cbuscivictuner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuscivictuner View Post
I have a bone stock (stock intake manifold) y7 in a 2000 cx and in preperation for the z6 swap I want to do i want to clear all the emissions stuff out of the bay ( the charcoal canister, purge solenoid,whatever the various sensors besides map/tps/iacv that are on the manifold)

Does it need any of that stuff to physically run? I'm going to throw in my ectune ecu and run it on a tweaked po6 map so i don't have to worry about check engine lights, but does that manifold require any of that stuff to run safely?

yes and you can get rid of the mani/cat no problem, besides the obvious missing cat. and you need the iat/map/tps/iacv stuff obviously.

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 cbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to allcbuscivictuner is a name known to all

Yea that's why I threw the "besides" in there but thanks for trying to warn me lol. I'm going to yank all that stuff tomorrow and see what happens. I'm not going as far as the cat, just all that stuff that's cluttering up the bay so i can figure out how/where I want to mount go fast goodies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
holy fXck let him go back to honda tech where he can talk about the physics of some carbon fiber kanards or however its spelled

Old 03-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

why get rid of it all? unless your doing a huge bay tuck, i woudlnt recomend it. and theres better places to lose weight

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have a built z6 turbo setup going in. i don't think most of the y7 obd2 stuff is going to be compatible with a obd1 z6, obd1 ecu or ectune.

I'm not doing it to lose weight or for any y7 performance gain at all, i just need the space on the firewall for the -an fuel filter, big oil catch can and lines,aftermarket aeromotive fpr, nitrous solenoid and purge solenoid plus lines. I need all the space the space on the firewall I can get.With all the emissions lines out of the way i can visualize where the stuff needs to go and actually get started mounting some of it.

The only reason I'm removing it while the y7 is still in the car is because I don't want to spend a day after the swaps done figuring out where stuff needs to go/making custom brackets etc etc when i can do that now while im waiting for parts to come in. Make sense? when the swaps done all i have to do is fill it with fluids,upload my old map and then I'm driving.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in