Honda D Series Forum banner

D15b VTI / Is it worth it?

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Bizzar 
G
#1 ·
Question i have a 95' Civic Coupe Dx and i wanted to know whats the deal with the VTI motor. Its on H-motors right now and its preatty cheap. I was wondering what ECU i should get to make it work and also is that motor worth it? I mean i dont really hear any one talking much about it. Is it crap or is it alright motor. I dont expect like to do 12 with it but i want to build it and maybe run Zex threw it so maybe you guys could help me out is it worth it?

G
#3 ·
Vti

So, basicly i could get stuff for the head but it would hae to be for the Z6 head. well at least i can build the hea diwht no problem. Now can i build the block? I have also been hearing that people chip the ECU to go up to 9G RPM and they have stock internals? is this true? I mean what about fuel and stuff?

#4 ·
Yes the VTi/Ferio JDM D15B 3 Stage VTEC engine is a true marvel. The only engine to combine super high fuel economy with top end power.
Definatly get the engine but most D15B VTEC ECU's are normally automatic. If you can find one for a manual or have an auto, get it but if not, get a Z6 ECU and use a RPM switch for the first VTEC Solenoid.

#5 ·
Ive got the single stage D15B VTEC and love it! Very quick revving motor and powerfull. Basicaly the same output as a Z6 in a 1.5 displacement. It gets this by its stroke :) The rods are also the same thickness as the Z6 unlike the wimpy B7 rods so putting juice to it should not be a problem. I have read the vti 3 stage puts out a little less hp due to its cam setup but I cannot confirm this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.