Valve Spring Removal Tool - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2019, 05:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 ykf7b0 has been punished by the users of d-series.org
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Valve Spring Removal Tool

I'm tearing down my D16A6 and I have been reading posts and watching youtube video's on how to go about the removal of the valve springs on a D series head. I have yet to see a good tool for this job that is relatively sane and without the possibility of losing the keepers. I have found an OTC 4572 that looks like it might work and I would like to know if anyone here uses the OTC or knows of a great way of compressing the springs for removal of the keepers and will allow the installation to be without incident.
69 Plymouth road runner
76 Corvette Stingray
97 Dodge Ram 4X4
ykf7b0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2019, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Looks OK to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2019, 02:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

should do the job but will be a pain in the ass to get to the keepers if you have short stubby fingers.

I see you only have one eye so make sure whatever tool you do chose always wear safety googles while using .

Last edited by robgoof; 06-30-2019 at 02:09 AM.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 ykf7b0 has been punished by the users of d-series.org

The tool looks to me that its has plenty of open space for use of a magnet to pull those keepers out.
69 Plymouth road runner
76 Corvette Stingray
97 Dodge Ram 4X4
ykf7b0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2019, 11:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 seajay2525 is learning the way of the Dseajay2525 is learning the way of the D

I use this:Lisle 36050 Valve Keeper Remover and Installer Kit
seajay2525 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in