Сamshaft's D-series Sonh...replacement's - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction » Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2019, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Сamshaft's D-series Sonh...replacement's

Hi everybody.
Help me please for my question...
I have civic with d16a sonh, non-vtec, 105hp.
Later, I will built another engine and swap it in my honda, but now, while i do some other work with my car and get money, I want to know, can I install another stok d-series(or zc) camshaft in my d16a for get, at least 125 hp...
I read that sonh ZC non-vtec engine has 125 hp.. and I think the difference from sonh ZC non-vtec engine and d16a sonh, non-vtec is in camshaft's. from here is a difference in 20 hp.

Not problem for me to change camshaft, or to increase the compression ratio.
I think you anderstand me, and what i want to do..
Please advise, what stok camshat install in my d16a to increase hp... (Non vtec, sonh)

And do somebody have information about stok camshaft's on d-series, exactly stages ("224, 260 for example") and rises ("9.0 ,8.7 for example"), sorry for my english..
Jston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2019, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Here’s a good list of aftermarket cam specs:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...-d16a6-427814/

The only stock choice that’s worth a damn is from the SOHC ZC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 06-01-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2019, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post
Here’s a good list of aftermarket cam specs:

The only stock choice that’s worth a damn is from the SOHC ZC
Thank's bro
Jston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Note that there is a SOHC nonVTEC cam spec thread on here with my specs from what feels like 20+ years ago, and was updated unlike the one on HondaTech.

I feel old at only 52....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2019, 07:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Note that there is a SOHC nonVTEC cam spec thread on here with my specs from what feels like 20+ years ago, and was updated unlike the one on HondaTech.

I feel old at only 52....
You talking about the one that had measurements for the base circle and/or lobe height? I was looking for that but couldn’t find it

Have a couple SOHC cams in the garage and I think one is a SOHC ZC but I can’t find the measurements to verify.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 06-03-2019, 09:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

It's in the FAQ.....at the top

https://www.d-series.org/forums/engi...cam-specs.html

https://www.d-series.org/forums/engi...-cam-post.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2019, 09:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Hmmm maybe I am recalling incorrectly but I thought there was a post that specifically had the raw base circle and lobe height measurements for an A6 and non-carbed ZC. Maybe I’m thinking of another post.

The linked threads help though. I can deduce based on the A6 measurements. Thanks for posting those

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 06-03-2019 at 09:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Сamshaft's, d-series, stok

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in