D16y4 Engine build - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2019, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D16y4 Engine build

Hey guys I haven’t been pointed in a right direction, I want to do something different that isn’t done often where I’m from, I want to build a d16y4 turbo for track use/road use for my ek2

Is the d16y4 block good enough to just upgrade stuff? Or should I get a d16y8 bottom end? I’ve heard it’s stronger but that wasn’t confirmed

I want to eventually max out power for the d16y4 while being reliable under boost I’m not gonna push crazy boost

So in the end basically I’m asking should I get a d16y8 bottom end with a y4 top and if so what to build it with for reliable power
And reasonably priced, I’m totally fine with eBay parts if you guys can vouch a part that’s good
- thanks so much
D16y4Only is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2019, 10:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

I don’t know why there’s random “”’s in my sentences I didn’t add those, and that random link at the end isn’t mine either please ignore the A’s and the link
Old 05-10-2019, 01:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

he must be from a far away place ,never seen anyone say before ,Eh..

you can use your bottom end no need to go y8.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2019, 02:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Lol I’m here in Australia, and for some
Reason these random “”’s are appearing after I hit send? So weird
Old 05-10-2019, 02:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

So by using my block what sort of mods should I do for reliable power to chop V8’s and whatnot
Old 05-15-2019, 11:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

https://hydenoescape.wordpress.com/2...es-references/

Hey mate, have a read through the above link, I put that info together back in 2012, there is a heap of references when I was looking at ways to potentially increase the power of my d16y4. If you’re planning on turbo, iirc the stock block can handle ~160kw atw. If you want a single cam vtec, keep the d16y4 block and get a d16y8 head. The gearbox that came with the d16y8 has slightly shorter gear ratios. There’s not that much difference really between the d16y8 head or d16y1 head.

B18B’s are pretty cheap these days and can always put a b16 head on down the track.

I ended up running my d16y4 into the ground and getting a b16a with a dc2r gbox with lsd. I still like the d16y4 but the biggest hurdle was the stock ecu. It’s different to every other d series motor. If you do want to persist with the d16y4 build, it may be worth trying to get some advice from ecuman if he’s still around.

Good luck with your build
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in