d15z8 pistons HELP! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2019, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation d15z8 pistons HELP!

Hello everybody! Sorry for my bad English.
Write with such a problem.

My friend have Civic MB3. Engine d15z8,and he bad,very very bad. Cylinder-piston group having too bad condition. It does 0-60mph in, like, 19 seconds.

I write from Russia.Here very difficult find this engine in good conddition with small mileage.
We want to rebuild this engine. Recess block of cylindres, install piston 0.25 or 0.5.
In my town nobody know about this engine.
Problem is pistons. Their cost is too much(oem) . Does not have analogues.

on forums i reading : all engines d-series have 75mm piston diameter. But bottom of piston are different . Because of that compression ratio different too!

I need some advice,but rather accurate information. Which pistons would approach in d15z8 engine? From any japanese d-series engine? I need oem code or analogue.

I hear d15z6 and d15z8 have identical size pistons. But comression ratio different. Head cylindres identical.

Thank you in advance!
dimanizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2019, 04:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 2 Pete578  is slowly gaining respectPete578  is slowly gaining respectPete578  is slowly gaining respectPete578  is slowly gaining respectPete578  is slowly gaining respect

You may not get OEM, but elsewhere are plenty around the world.

When I did my D15, first I have machinist/engineer to measure, then calculate the over-size.

Once you know the over-size, then you may be able to search for complete piston and ring set, bearings and gaskets.

Get the over-size pistons.
then go to back to machinist and he will measure again new piston set, and machine cylinder to correct size for each piston.

Can you post some pictures ?
Pete578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Find piston code

PM3, PG6, PNP, etc...

ALso, find specifications. compression height, dish volume...

Take a look at various offerings
https://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html

If matching other more common honda pistons, makes much easier finding.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete578 View Post
You may not get OEM, but elsewhere are plenty around the world.

When I did my D15, first I have machinist/engineer to measure, then calculate the over-size.

Once you know the over-size, then you may be able to search for complete piston and ring set, bearings and gaskets.

Get the over-size pistons.
then go to back to machinist and he will measure again new piston set, and machine cylinder to correct size for each piston.

Can you post some pictures ?
Yeah.Today engine being disassemble. Tommorow i take pictures.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Pistons in original have code p2j. But pistons which stand in engine unknown until that.We don't know anybody rebuild this engine earlier.
tommorow we'll find out
Old 03-28-2019, 10:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
Find piston code

PM3, PG6, PNP, etc...

ALso, find specifications. compression height, dish volume...

Take a look at various offerings

If matching other more common honda pistons, makes much easier finding.

Pistons in original have code p2 j. But pistons which stand in engine unknown until that.We don't know anybody rebuild this engine earlier.
tommorow we'll find out
Old 03-29-2019, 03:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

P2J is most likely going to be somewhere around 28.5 to 30mm compression height. Just a GUESS, since D16Y7 and D16Y8 america market piston codes start with P2

Center of wrist pin to top edge of piston ring land = compression height.

If you find matching numbers on that link I posted, you can search on ebay using american piston codes. many sellers ship internationally

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019, 12:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 LAMER  is accepted as part of the communityLAMER  is accepted as part of the communityLAMER  is accepted as part of the communityLAMER  is accepted as part of the community

Compression height for the P2J piston is 27.75
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in