Building a minime set up - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2018, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Thomasvance40@yahoo.com is really pushing their luck
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Building a minime set up

I am trying to purchase some parts for my build. I have a d16y7 block and a d15z1 head. I have the ECU from the guy who I got the head from. So I am trying to build it all from ground up. I want to start with the head but I dont know what size cam to buy, valves, spring, pretty much I am trying to rebuild it to get as much power as possible. So if you can help out there to help me so I know exactly what sizes to buy because everything I see is based on vehicle not the head.

I plan on sending my block off to get a bigger bore then I know I can go from there after getting new specs to order crank, bearings, , connecting rods, ect.

I am going to send Ecu off to get refurbished plus add a set up to put coil packs and cut out distributor.

I also have the tranny for the d16y7 which I plan on installing a lsd block .

I have already rebuilt the entire frame and suspension on my 97 de sol all the way down to every bushing. Pretty much my 97 de sol is like a brand new car except for my engine and tranny build.
Thomasvance40@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2018, 06:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Have a lot of the same questions, not sure if there is a good go-to book or other resource to learn these answers.
mode is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 23 79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....79hilux90crx Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Why are you using the Z1 head? Fuel Eco build?

Why not use the Z6 or Y8 for the build?
98 Jeep Cherokee 4" Lift Cut Fenders 33x12.50 Daily/Offroad Toy
14 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0 Turbo (Wifes Ride)
92 Mustang 2.3 5 Speed 325K on the clock and counting
07 V-Star 650 Classic Space Consumer in the shop

RIP PAT

Last edited by 79hilux90crx; 09-20-2018 at 11:27 AM.
79hilux90crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79hilux90crx View Post
Why are you using the Z1 head? Fuel Eco build?

Why not use the Z6 or Y8 for the build?

The almighty vtec.... (overlooking the fact that the z1 is vtec-e iirc)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2018, 11:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Not sure if a dreamer or a troll.

Ditch the Z1 head, no cam/valves/springs made for it other than OEM.

Can't refurb/tune the ECU.

What is an LSD Block?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2018, 06:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

I am a little bit of a dreamer, orininally i was going to do a k20a2 swap but after such research i decided rebuild the motor I got. Right know my 97 de sol has a d16y7 set up no vtec and I got a d16y7 block a d15z1 head and the ecu. I know there wont be too much fab work iff I drop same size motor in my car then trying to get a k20a2(stock). I figured i would be better off rebuilding all internals with better performance parts plus boring the block to push more air. This would be my first build on a honda i am trying to learn and do it propper. I am going to start by rebuilding the d15z1 head but dont kbow what type of cam, valves, etc to put in. The head has been resurfaced, ported, and poshished to allow maximum flow. I need to know what to purchase as in a cam, valves, springs, etc
Thomasvance40@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I am a little bit of a dreamer, orininally i was going to do a k20a2 swap but after such research i decided rebuild the motor I got. Right know my 97 de sol has a d16y7 set up no vtec and I got a d16y7 block a d15z1 head and the ecu. I know there wont be too much fab work iff I drop same size motor in my car then trying to get a k20a2(stock). I figured i would be better off rebuilding all internals with better performance parts plus boring the block to push more air. This would be my first build on a honda i am trying to learn and do it propper. I am going to start by rebuilding the d15z1 head but dont kbow what type of cam, valves, etc to put in. The head has been resurfaced, ported, and poshished to allow maximum flow. I need to know what to purchase as in a cam, valves, springs, etc
As stated, aftermarket parts do NOT exist. Also might wanna check on the tiny valve sizes...

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

how do you already have neg rep?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2018, 05:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Damn, i have been looking all over and found nothing. Everything I read says swap for z6 head.There is so much to learn in the honda game. I start leaning one direction thinking it would be a smart build then a little after i have to shoot somewhere else. Then what is the point of building or staying with a mini me set up. I know the block is pretty cut and dry but the head is driving me nuts. I have the z1 head now and want to start but have no clue where to start with it. All in the end it is going to be boosted with a t3/t4 turbo. I am just wanting the internals to handle the extra power.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Well after doing some more research and finding out i got ripped off i was told i bought a d16y7 block but in fact i got a d15z1 block and head. So i just bought a d16y8 head ecu and gaskets. So i was hoping to build on seperate engine but nope i am going to continue to to search for a new block to do the right swap
Old 09-22-2018, 11:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quit trying to be a cheap ass at this buying unknown parts. Do a BUNCH of research first, we'll help.

While that Z1 bottom end can be made into something, the fact you never looked at the block stamp when buying means you have a bunch to learn WAY before starting any build.

Like a year or more.

Quote:
Old 09-25-2018, 04:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Are you sure it's a z1 block and head? Have you actually looked at the codes on the block or are you just going off of something somewhere else told you? Takes some pics of the block stamps if you can. I feel like you're running in circles here and you don't have the slightest clue what you're doing. You're on here for help so use the forum as the resource it is.... Read, read, read when you think you've figured it out.... Read again, I bet you learn something new over and over.
Sraab813 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2018, 04:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Also go here https://www.d-series.org/#/forums/37 and post an introduction
Sraab813 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in