Falls on face during hard acceleration - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Falls on face during hard acceleration

So been reading on doing a mini me swap for my d15b7. Went ahead and did the swap here’s what I have done and what problem I’m having.

z6 head
Z6 intake mani
Z6 exhaust mani
B7 throttle body with blocked Fast idle Thermo
P28 ecu
Z6 distributor
New spark plugs
New spark plug wires
New distributor
Y cam gear
Tuned with neptune
Short ram intake
Vtec wired direct into ecu

So when I am gassing it usually 4k+ rpm and I shift and attempt to continue to accelerate usually when I’m pedal to the flooor the car just falls on its face and has no power then will continue to just run normally and it happens a few times every time a drive it (usually drive a bit harder to try to recreate the issue) not sure what it could be any info?
Joshjames776 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2018, 06:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Any CEL?

Map sensor and TPS plugged up correctly?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2018, 07:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

I could be wrong about this but shouldn't u be using a p2p ecu. P2p is for the z6. P28 needs a transducer or such to make up for the missing.knock sensor. At least I think I was reading that right when I was thinking of using the p28. Make sure.someone else verifies before listening to me I'm still new to building Honda's.
phily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 08:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Any CEL?

Map sensor and TPS plugged up correctly?
No cel and all things are plugged up properly
Old 09-19-2018, 08:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by phily View Post
I could be wrong about this but shouldn't u be using a p2p ecu. P2p is for the z6. P28 needs a transducer or such to make up for the missing.knock sensor. At least I think I was reading that right when I was thinking of using the p28. Make sure.someone else verifies before listening to me I'm still new to building Honda's.
I havent read about a p2p anywhere but I believe that the p28 comes out of the D16Z6 platform but as well I’m new to this and could be wrong but my tuner went through the ecu and mapped it and everything with no problem?
Old 09-19-2018, 08:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Sorry I got things backwards. P28 is for the z6, p28 y8. Name numbers and letters being so close is easy to mix up
phily is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2018, 01:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....

I had a similar issue with a bad wire to the TPS.

EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFB055 View Post
I had a similar issue with a bad wire to the TPS.
How did you fix that issue ?
Old 09-19-2018, 04:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....

The break in the wire? I repaired the break in the wire for the short term, then bought a Rywire harness so any other fatigued wires didn't give me grief in the future.

EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in