N/A now stage 1 and Boost it Later - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2018, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default N/A now stage 1 and Boost it Later

Looking to upgrade my head on my d16z6 I Get the basics Upgrade the
camshaft
Valves
Springs
Retainers
Etc
All machining that i need to do i can do for free at my work on my off time so not worried bout the cost of that
Just looking to see what I should do as this will be my first try build I attempt I've helped some friends with their builds and done alot of other work besides building for performance anyways
My motor has 172k I'm looking to build maybe for stage 1 performance in the head N/A for now and down the line I'd like to boost with a cx racing turbo kit any particular way to upgrade it for boost but still have decent gain while I'm N/a for now my end goal even with turbo is round 250 to 300 this is my daily car that I drive to work I'm not looking to be the fastest just would like to have a little fun on my hour and a half trip to work and home
502EJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2018, 05:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Plans laid out, oh yeah! Start small and work your way up. The Z6 is a good platform and I've learned a lot in the time I've had mine. Headwork you can keep VERY mild with your power goals. For what you're looking for, you'll need only clean up the casting defects from the ports, just to smooth them over. Port matching is optional, and both procedures are only if you feel so inclined. I went with a CX Racing kit and with all I've done, came very close to 350 to the wheels. It's not the greatest performer at low RPM, but she screams from 5k up.
With your goals in mind, you'll honestly be fine with a stock head, standard valves, and stock cam. If you want to toss a simple cam/spring set, look for the K59300 comp cam kit. Comes with the cam, crower single springs, titanium retainers, and is between 550 and 650 bucks, depending on where you get it. Then you can clean up your ports a little, maybe polish the combustion chambers.
The CX kit, you WILL have fitment issues. You're gonna need an angle grinder and welder on standby. Lol! A few minor obstacles to overcome, but easy enough if you're the patient type.
txdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 seajay2525 is learning the way of the Dseajay2525 is learning the way of the D

It sounds like a good plan. You might find it easier than you think to piece together a turbo kit. You have the time since you plan on being N/A for a bit. These are fun cars for sure.
seajay2525 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in