What throttle cable am I after? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2018, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What throttle cable am I after?

Hey guys! Just finishing up my turbo build and it seems that the throttle cable is too long. I have a 99 EJ8 coupe and a d16z6 engine. Am I stupid or do I need to be using a different cable? Cheers! Pic is my build
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D70E6FB9-3ACE-4DE8-B4BD-24E4C9D9C487_1534286030361.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	555.8 KB
ID:	125099  
MaryJistheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2018, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

you dont have the throttle cable bracket on your intake manifold. That is what those 2 holes on the "shelf" near the throttlebody are for.

Hop on ebay, might find one with bolts for 10 or so bucks, maybe more

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
you dont have the throttle cable bracket on your intake manifold. That is what those 2 holes on the "shelf" near the throttlebody are for.

Hop on ebay, might find one with bolts for 10 or so bucks, maybe more
Hey man! I know it’s not in the picture but I do actually have the bracket! There is still quite a bit of slack in the line

Old 08-14-2018, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

from the factory it leaves the firewall, goes up and left of the brake master reservoir, and loops over to the bracket/throttlebody.

It is NOT supposed to be a rigid, tight setup.

Having a picture showing this slack would be helpful, rather than a picture that shows a part missing that you say you have.

Once we have a picture, we can call it factory style, or call it as a long cable.

My civic has the factory d16y7 throttle cable, and I have to loop it entirely over the motor with my d16y8 intake manifold setup. Perhaps this is the case for you? But from the picture I see a standard sized cable

Build what you have!

Old 08-15-2018, 06:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
from the factory it leaves the firewall, goes up and left of the brake master reservoir, and loops over to the bracket/throttlebody.

It is NOT supposed to be a rigid, tight setup.

Having a picture showing this slack would be helpful, rather than a picture that shows a part missing that you say you have.

Once we have a picture, we can call it factory style, or call it as a long cable.

My civic has the factory d16y7 throttle cable, and I have to loop it entirely over the motor with my d16y8 intake manifold setup. Perhaps this is the case for you? But from the picture I see a standard sized cable
Looping it around the master may be my problem! I’ll re try my setup and take another picture! Thank you!
Old 08-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Seems like it’s a bit too long, not too sure what my problem is here
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_1534527240192.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	627.4 KB
ID:	125103  
Old 08-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 flat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Looks right to me.

You are missing a bracket up by the master other wise correct.
flat_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2018, 12:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

It is possible that throttlecable bracket is for another intake manifold.

Either way, I would adjust that cable so it is a bit more snug than that.

The cable itself (from firewall to TB) looks perfect

Build what you have!

Old 08-17-2018, 03:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

The bracket is definitely from this manifold, but even at its tightest adjustment, there is too much slack
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_1534548024932.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	473.9 KB
ID:	125105  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in