vitara custom length rods, extinct? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2017, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation vitara custom length rods, extinct?

I'm building my first vitara engine and I cant find anyone selling the custom length rods 138.63mm. Some background I'm building a d16z6 bottom end with y7 head, and using e85 my goal is 450whp but I'm willing to compromise. So what I've been able to figure out is p2p is out of stock and I cant get a response via email or phone. FJT is long out of business. Rcautoworks said they are back ordered with no eta. Eagles only makes stock length and 143mm which is way to long. I found a kit on ebay but its the same price as cp pistons and eagle rods. Oh and skunk2 is also out of stock. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but have they ceased production of these rods or do i need to be patient. It's really killing me right know i have everything ready to go to the machine shop but I'm scared to start anything in case i have to change it up and go with stock rod length. I really don't want to spend all that extra $ when vitara has been proven to do the job for half the price. Hopefully you guys can give me some advice.
asics0413 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2017, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Seems your out of luck. I just checked ebay and P2p0 has them but price has gone way up.
RebornFromAshes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Maybe you guys might know this but im doing a z6 turbo build and im going with 75mm vitara pistons and wondering what rods if should go with for stock crank/block/head? thanks
Ghunt521 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 06:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Pro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunnaPro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunnaPro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunnaPro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunnaPro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunnaPro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunnaPro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunna

I *might* have a set of these . . . I'll have to look.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

The ebay store they have shows $999 but the website list it still for $375 for the kit.

You can always call/email them directly:

Contact Us
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (630) 465-0669

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 11:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

p2p0 shows them out of stock, OP has not been able get a hold of p2p0. I have a set of FJ custom rods but those are going into my next build.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Pro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunnaPro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunnaPro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunnaPro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunnaPro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunnaPro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunnaPro-SeriesFab is da #1 stunna

Don't have any . . . I could have sworn I had a set at one point before I settled on d17 pistons and e13 rods.

Guess the wholesale guys don't have enough orders to meet minimum quantity from whoever is making them.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Speedfactory says in stock

https://www.speedfactoryracing.net/s...onnecting-rods

https://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/SK2-306-05-1190

Site Sponsor CarID

https://www.carid.com/skunk2/alpha-s...6-05-1190.html

basically look/google skunk2 part # 306-05-1190 and this will find you the longer rods.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

There you go, thanks BeerDrinkin! I might pick me up a set as backup before they go extinct.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornFromAshes View Post
There you go, thanks BeerDrinkin! I might pick me up a set as backup before they go extinct.
We'd be able to get them again, it would just have to be a group buy deal . . . they can still get them it just looks like this particular rod is no longer being kept in stock by whatever Chinese manufacturer is making them
Old 04-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Toaster said he got a few sets made last year or something.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2017, 12:02 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
Toaster said he got a few sets made last year or something.
Can you PM more info on this Toaster guy, I am interested in a set.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Interested in this too. Would be up for a custom length set.
jbhondaeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 02:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

I got a response from skunk2 today via email and he said "These are back ordered out until the middle of the month to the end of the month sir." We'll just have to be patient. Makes me wonder if we will see p2po and rcautoworks stocking back up about the same time. Also how is the skunk2 alpha rod I couldn't find any reviews on them.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Shit, I remember even back when I was building my CRX in the prime of DSO, the custom length 138's were tough to get hold of. I don't know how much it's changed over the years, but I hope you can find them.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 05:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by asics0413 View Post
I got a response from skunk2 today via email and he said "These are back ordered out until the middle of the month to the end of the month sir." We'll just have to be patient. Makes me wonder if we will see p2po and rcautoworks stocking back up about the same time. Also how is the skunk2 alpha rod I couldn't find any reviews on them.
I contacted Rcautoworks but haven't heard back yet. Lucky for me this is a slow build so time is on my side...

We may end up standard length
jbhondaeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 04:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhondaeg View Post
I contacted Rcautoworks but haven't heard back yet. Lucky for me this is a slow build so time is on my side...

We may end up standard length
last time i talked with rcautoworks he has them on backorder with no eta
Old 04-07-2017, 06:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

None of these companies are going to waste money buying d series parts. They're all made in China and the junk2 rods are ripoffs of the original modified length rods. If you all are interested I could get 5 sets made a whole lot sooner than you'll get them from anywhere else.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 12:18 AM   #19 (permalink)

I will be interested, what is the price?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
p2p, rcautoworks, rods, turbo, vitara

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in