F**K Oil Pressure Gauge went to zero WTF? my motor not damaged? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2017, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Post F**K Oil Pressure Gauge went to zero WTF? my motor not damaged?

My new built motor I had very good engine oil pressure for a long time. then today I see it fluxuate to zero straight 40psi cold idle at a stop. I restarted and tried again but no it just died. oil pressure gauge is zero zero F**Ken GAUGE!!

How do u test a two terminal oil pressure sensor?????
one goes to ground and one goes to the sensor?

Also how do I test my engine oil pressure gauge?

I cant find any online how to test.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SINGLE CAMMER HAMMER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1CAM-HAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2017, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

What kind of gauge is it?

Electrical or mechanical?

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017, 09:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAY View Post
What kind of gauge is it?

Electrical or mechanical?
electrical gauge.

it has a one wire from the gauge to the oil pressure sensor. and one wire from the sensor to the chassis ground.

so the oil pressure sensor has exactly two terminals.

I have a volt meter and I don't know where to start.

ive been trying something I grounded the wire from my gauge that goes to the sensor directly to chassis ground.

I see the reading to my gauge my gauge goes exactally 0ZERO to 100Percent needle sweep..

SINGLE CAMMER HAMMER

Last edited by 1CAM-HAMMA; 03-02-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Did you tee off the OEM oil pressure sensor port to plumb the sender?

Did the idiot light go off on the dash?

Prob just a dead sender unit

Take a deep breath, calm down. Probably not as bad as you think

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017, 11:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Sounds like the sending unit went out.

Those sensors are very sensitive to vibration therfore it needs to be remotely mounted like on the firewall.

I had this same problem with my autometer electrical oil pressure gauge.

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 02:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

nothing like seeing a dead gauge at 120 mph....why we learned to remote mount the senders....something we learned a generation ago in the late 1990's....

But did they listen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 02:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Pretty happy w my mechanical auto meter

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 03:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post
Mine was barely leaking at the T on the block, was installed 14 years ago? Not messing with it on the next motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 05:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
hell im using a mechanical sunpro (autozone cheap ass brand)

its been working fine. i doubt its accurate but give more info than an idiot light.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 06:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

idiot light on? idiot light still wired?

if the answer is no and yes, youre fine.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 honduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatness

I would get a mechanical gauge, like a mechanic would use, and test your oil pressure. It's a nice tool worth investing in for these kinds of problems.
honduh666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 08:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Did you tee off the OEM oil pressure sensor port to plumb the sender?

Did the idiot light go off on the dash?

Prob just a dead sender unit

Take a deep breath, calm down. Probably not as bad as you think
It didn't have any oil light on the dash or anything. I geuss it is ok I may be just tripping out. kinda sucks shit happens for no reason. had this gauge sensor etc. for like 9 months now. sitting

I grounded the gauge wire to sensor and gauge seems to go to max pressure. assuming the test is ok.

how do I test the sensor?

SINGLE CAMMER HAMMER
Old 03-04-2017, 11:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Lol..

I remember this.. I had the sensor T'd off the feed line with no restrictor..

Damn I was stupid. Haha
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 08:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

I had this thing t off of a supply for the turbo also with the oem oil pressure sensor.

SINGLE CAMMER HAMMER
Old 03-06-2017, 08:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

My question are all oil pressure sensor aftermarket one usable in other gauges?
some has two wires and some have 3 wires?
mainly mines only need two wires for the sensor.
one wire from gauge to sensor is Signal
one wire from oil pressure gauge strictly to ground.

My Oil pressure gauge is max about 100psi reading.

I went to the parts store today and saw a different variety of oil pressure sensors?
but saw this only particular brand in sensor.

they sell
0psi to 10psi sensors
15psi sensors
20psi sensors
0-60 sensor
0-80psi sensor
and 0- 100psi sensors.

im thinking on buying the sensor that is 0-100psi but it dosnt supply a floating ground like the others. it has only one wire.

looks exactly the same as my aftermarkete sensor but only one wire?

will this other shelf brand sensor work with my Gauge I have now?

I asked the parts guys they are clueless.

if anyone would technically know that would be great.
just need a sensor..

SINGLE CAMMER HAMMER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in