Accusump install - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2017, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 16 rabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Accusump install

After ruining 2 cranks, I installed an oil accumulator from accusump. This the the 3 quart high pressure model. I used a b series vtec kit to get this sandwich adapter. It has a -8 o-ring boss port on the filtered side of the oil flow. I got that elbow, which wasn't cheap, a -8an hose and connector kit, a stainless 1/2" ball valve, and 1/2" npt coupler. It's mounted to some holes I found in the back because I didn't want to drill new ones. I planned all this while building a new block for my engine. I can now prime the engine with oil pressure before I start it and hopefully those left hand sweepers can't starve my engine ever again!

20170204_124034 by rabidflickr, on Flickr

20170130_194909 by rabidflickr, on Flickr

Bonus build picture
20170129_164216 by rabidflickr, on Flickr
rabid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2017, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Nice install,let us know how it works out for you.
RebornFromAshes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2017, 02:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 Jfab is learning the way of the DJfab is learning the way of the D

This is interesting. i have never seen this on a honda. Low oil pressure ruined the last 2 blocks? Was it on start up or after running them for a while?
Jfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 04:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

^

G-forces driving the oil away from the pickup tube

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2017, 06:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

I gotcha. I didnt even think about that. Probably because my car cant pull enough g's right now.lol Would a bigger baffled pan help out?
Old 02-08-2017, 06:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Read his thread, much awesomeness to be found.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/force...buick-m62.html

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2017, 07:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I've had one of those sitting on the shelf for years. Needs to find its way into the Tape-R this year.

As an also, many track safety organizations do not like fluids flowing through the cabin. If you haven't planned for one yet, I would recommend building a bulk head over the sump and connections.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2017, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Read his thread, much awesomeness to be found.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/force...buick-m62.html
Just read through the thread, all I can say is WOW! what a great read. Reminds me of reading Danz and Darians project lowball thread.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

What oil pan you running?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
G-forces driving the oil away from the pickup tube
Really? Driving too hard before the oil had warmed up would be my first guess, to be honest. (Unless I've missed that it's not a road car?)

Sorry - that sounds a bit accusatory.
If the car's in normal use, I'd see the gadget as being a solution to a problem that shouldn't have been there in the first place. The standard oil pump with the correct oil and filter should be more than up to the job. Perhaps the pick-up tube is deformed or blocked.

What's the car, and what's the engine?

Last edited by Sailor; 02-08-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Henry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunna

What are you using for valving? The auto systems sound like the hot set-up, but in our race car, it seems to be another thing to break. The manual versions sound more robust, but rely on us remembering to do the right things at the right times.
Henry44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2017, 05:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Henry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Really? Driving too hard before the oil had warmed up would be my first guess, to be honest. (Unless I've missed that it's not a road car?)

Sorry - that sounds a bit accusatory.
If the car's in normal use, I'd see the gadget as being a solution to a problem that shouldn't have been there in the first place. The standard oil pump with the correct oil and filter should be more than up to the job. Perhaps the pick-up tube is deformed or blocked.

What's the car, and what's the engine?
It's in a track car. Lots of grip and power will create oil starvation issues when cornering, even with pan baffles. Acuusumps do a good job filling in the low spots. We see this sometimes in our stage rally car, but it's more due to the roughness of the stages. Gravel roads get pretty bouncy at 90mph.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 16 rabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eaglerabid is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowFlyin' View Post
I've had one of those sitting on the shelf for years. Needs to find its way into the Tape-R this year.

As an also, many track safety organizations do not like fluids flowing through the cabin. If you haven't planned for one yet, I would recommend building a bulk head over the sump and connections.
Ya, I doubt any of the races I go to will care. Maybe an NHRA track might. I wouldn't need it for drag racing anyways. I could disconnect it and hide the line under the carpet, that is, if I ever have a reason to drag race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
What oil pan you running?
Y8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry44 View Post
What are you using for valving? The auto systems sound like the hot set-up, but in our race car, it seems to be another thing to break. The manual versions sound more robust, but rely on us remembering to do the right things at the right times.
It's just a 1/2" ball valve. I'm in the testing stages. I open it before I start the engine. I get 20 psi on my gauge which is plumbed into the turbo line coming off the stock pressure sensor port. I do plan to put a servo on the ball valve for easier access. I might even write code into my ecu to control that. First I need to actually race with it decide how I want it to operate.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Here is the car at an autox sporting 245 A7s.
crx at autox by rabidflickr, on Flickr
Old 02-08-2017, 08:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid View Post
It's just a 1/2" ball valve. I'm in the testing stages. I open it before I start the engine. I get 20 psi on my gauge which is plumbed into the turbo line coming off the stock pressure sensor port. I do plan to put a servo on the ball valve for easier access. I might even write code into my ecu to control that. First I need to actually race with it decide how I want it to operate.
Then you close it before you turn off the motor, keeping pressurized oil in the sump?
Old 02-09-2017, 02:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
It's in a track car. Lots of grip and power will create oil starvation issues when cornering, even with pan baffles. Acuusumps do a good job filling in the low spots. We see this sometimes in our stage rally car, but it's more due to the roughness of the stages. Gravel roads get pretty bouncy at 90mph.
Ah, OK.
It does make a difference!

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Then you close it before you turn off the motor, keeping pressurized oil in the sump?
Yes
Old 02-10-2017, 04:44 AM   #18 (permalink)

I gotcha now. Do you have a picture of the full setup? I would like to how it runs to the engine.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfab View Post
I gotcha now. Do you have a picture of the full setup? I would like to how it runs to the engine.
The hose just runs along under the carpet to the right of the passenger seat and through the firewall.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:35 AM   #20 (permalink)

Sorry about that. My phone didnt load some of pictures in the original post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in