d16z6 Head inspection - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2017, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 anomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default d16z6 Head inspection

Got to cleaning out some of the rust and noticed that I can't turn the camshaft. Tried to use the cam gear from a b7 head to turn it and nothing. Backed out all the valve adjusters to clean the threads and give me more clearance, then torqued it to 27 ft lbs and tried again and still can't turn the camshaft. The force over comes the torque and loosens it every time. Pics of some cam wear, is this normal? Video of me jiggling stuff around. The rockers on intake 4 and exhaust 1 have no movement, even with the screws backed all the way out.

anomolix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Are you rotating the assembly via the cam gear bolt counter-clockwise or clockwise?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2017, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 anomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebodyanomolix is almost a somebody

Counter clockwise sir, toward me.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

So, I took everything apart, cleaned it again, and reassembled it and put it on my block to try and turn the head with the crank pulley torqued down and still nothing. Loosened the valve train up a little bit to look at the range of motion because it does turn while loosened and some of the exhaust valves are longer than others by a good few millimeters. Took my straight edge to the bottom surface and it's not warped. I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions? Could really use a little assistance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in