b20b bogging need help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2016, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default b20b bogging need help

I have a 1993 civic ex coupe runing a jdm b20b with eagle rods and pistons wiesco pistons 11.5 cr and a skunk2 stock ls head running a PR4 ecu b18b dizzy so some times my car runs great and sometimes it dosent i have a new dizzy new map sensor changed fpr and stock injectors cant figure this out need help thanks also the ecu is throwing a code for the vss
undeadcivicrace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

VSS wont be tied in with bogging, loose cable, or bad electrical connection. Mine has an issue with the middle pin, had to de-pin and fix it.

Have you reset timing, mechanical and then with the light? Checked IACV for dirt and grime? I soaked mine for a bit in parts cleaner and then sprayed it out with sensor cleaner, made a hell of a difference.

Also check fuel flow. Pump or filter, regulator at firewall etc. Also when was last spark plug change, sorry trying to think of simple things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2016, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

we think the vss is the plug getting a new harness tomorrow havent done timing yet we can smell alot of fuel im running a walbro 255lph and not the filter could the filter cause this? iacv wouldnt my car be idliing bad if it was bad or dirty? plugs were done a week ago.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

My IACV caused idle issues, bogging was a symptom off the line especially, so I was covering my bases more then anything.

I don't know enough about the fuel filter to answer if you need it, but too much fuel would be a regulator or pump issue the filter only cleanses, maybe slows the flow a bit but does not control it.

Too much fuel can deff be timing, after changing any parts used in my timing or fuel system, I time it. I hope it's as easy as timing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2016, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

ill time the car tomorrow after work
Old 11-09-2016, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Redid timing same thing changed out the throttle body and now the car revs over 4k i dont have the plugs backwards and i cleaned iacv as well nothing at all any ideas? also no cel i replaced the vss now
Old 11-09-2016, 05:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

bleed coolant, do idle re-learn
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2016, 06:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Stock or chipped ecu?

Oe temp T stat?

Def fix the vss code, the ecu does look at vss as well as map, ect, when calculating engine load to accommodate fuel and ignition tables
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2016, 12:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

High idle may be a vacuum leak also

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2016, 04:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

idle re-lean? never heard that before yes oem t-stat stock PR4 ecu ill check vacuum after work today i put on the oem throttlebody after that the high idle is there idles at 4k
Old 11-10-2016, 06:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Are you using the throttle body gasket for the throttle body, or the intake manifold?

Verify your pcv hoses are properly secured, a 4k idle is a very large vacuum leak, a 2-3 k idle would be a vacuum line imo.

Would hurt to verify that the gasket for the iacv is intact and not damaged
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gasket not damaged pvc hoses hooked up kiling me i wanna drive this car already AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 11-13-2016, 08:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i had a vacuum leaak fixed that replaced the vss sensor and the car is still bogging around 3k but we are going to redue the timing again if not then we will we replace the harness and spark plug wirres
Old 11-14-2016, 08:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Is this tuned?
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2016, 04:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

stock but fixed the idle and the bogging it was the ground on the t-stat was not attached and now its working great slight bog for like a sec around 4k otherwise its great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in