got room to spare and money to blow. sort of - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2016, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 dseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default got room to spare and money to blow. sort of

ive got some room to build. I'm debating on what to build.

not really worrying about it being chasis specific but id like a d. It will be turbo, 5 speed, lsd and all that good jazz. Have plenty of time and am in no hurry.

y8 the best way to go??

I would like something that hits in the mid range and will carry to full revs. 7500k doable...maybe 8k?

hp numbers are not important but torque is. I like to move quick, quickly.

my altima is pretyy awesome right now and I really like it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

instagram @theerroneouspenguin

Last edited by dseriesboulder; 07-25-2016 at 08:19 PM.
dseriesboulder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2016, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 dseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to alldseriesboulder is a name known to all

this is what im working with to buy one out right.

oklahoma city for sale "honda engine" - craigslist

most are dohc and are 'jdm'

Old 07-26-2016, 04:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

how quickly

robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 06:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgoof View Post
how quickly

not stupid quick, but pretty quick. not 'race car' but pretty close to it. lol

Old 07-26-2016, 10:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Not sure what that picture is. I might just not be old enough.

As far as the Honda Game, move on to something bigger and better.

Or buy some land/property. Or a gun/ammo before you cant.
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2016, 10:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToaster View Post

im actually thinking about a 3.5 for the altima and a project long block for the jeep. might just shy away from the hondas until i can find a beater for a few hundred.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

well what times are you looking at.

y8 is a bad choice, has crappy oiling in the crank.

opt for a z6.

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2016, 10:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
well what times are you looking at.

y8 is a bad choice, has crappy oiling in the crank.

opt for a z6.

stratton.
wouldnt take it anywhere to race. i do like road races but im not familier with times. I'd like to hit 110-140mph. i do alot of highway driving.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Stroked Z6 w/twin scroll turbo.

There are a few people who've done this ... I was going down that path but sadly was unable to finish.

Z6 with D17 crank and vitara pistons (shave 0.020 off the top and they will sit flush)
Any flavor Stage 2 cam
Evo 8 16g (10.5 hotside is preferable as it's less prone to surging up top)
Custom Twin Scroll manifold to take advantage of twin scroll goodness

Results I've seen from people who finished this are about 280 - 300 whp/250 - 270 wtq

Also saw someone on here do this with just a Z6 (can't remember pistons) and made somewhere in the range mentioned above. So you could go that route to keep it a little simpler.

How much powars and torques do you want?

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2016, 11:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoXCivic View Post

There are a few people who've done this ... I was going down that path but sadly was unable to finish.

Z6 with D17 crank and vitara pistons (shave 0.020 off the top and they will sit flush)
Any flavor Stage 2 cam

Results I've seen from people who finished this are about 280 - 300 whp/250 - 270 wtq

Also saw someone on here do this with just a Z6 (can't remember pistons) and made somewhere in the range mentioned above. So you could go that route to keep it a little simpler.

id like to be pushed into my seat. I'm not keen on numbers but id like an awesome ride. Id like it to be able to be a daily, but its not required. This will be a fuck around toy. I don't want it to just go in a staright line so max hp isnt required. I want something for quickly highway trips and fun around the blocks here in okc.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoXCivic View Post

Any flavor Stage 2 cam

and all the vitaras broke because vitaras haven't been good for 5 years
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
and all the vitaras broke because vitaras haven't been good for 5 years
then what would you suggest?

id like to stay OEM wherever possible.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToaster View Post

Tired of immigrants invading children's cartoons, Peter creates him as an American equivalent to Speedy Gonzalez. He appears to be a rat from the Upper West Side of New York City.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!

Are you in OKC?

I might just have the perfect car for you.

HINT - it's the one in my sig that is not like the others.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD

Last edited by LowFlyin'; 07-27-2016 at 12:52 PM.
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowFlyin' View Post
Are you in OKC?

I might just have the perfect car for you.

HINT - it's the one in my sig that is not like the others.
im in moore. whats up??

Old 07-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

check my for sale thread. tons of z6 parts. also have the block crank and complete head. just hit me up if you want. but Stoked to see where this goes

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2016, 10:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

I love my stroked y7. T04e with si trans in a EK. It's the most fun you can with your pants on.
Dibbble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in