PNW Tacoma Seattle area Honda specific machine work? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2016, 08:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default PNW Tacoma Seattle area Honda specific machine work?

I live in the Seattle Tacoma South Sound area of Washington and I'm looking for a good shop for work on my JDM obd0 d15b non vtec motor.

I love my girl at the machine shop I use now but that was a find for my old fiesta, honda stuff isn't their specialty. They also don't really have advice on where I should head. Speedfactory didn't really wanna talk d's but advised a shop in Redmond, but they didn't say they had experience with scca builds so I've cooled on that option.

I'll be asking around at the double major coming up at Pacific, but in the meantime do you guys have any input?

Looking to install rod bolts at LEAST soon....ish, will probably ask them to shot peen the stock rods and balance the thing up after all is said and done. Im looking to run a 7300-7500rpm shift point to always be up on my cam. Needs to be reliable with regular use between 5500 and 7k. Scca exp is a plus.

Also open to hearing about pnw head porting experiences.
evotec1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2016, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Ask the best tint shop in the area, no I'm not joking.

He was a member here, was issues with OLD moderators and he went off to start his own forum. O.C.O.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2016, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Well, Any machine shop should be able to do ANY machine work. YOu just ned to give them the specs (which are easy to find online)

Shot peening rods are getting harder to find as rod strength have improved with better materials over the decades.

If your not planning on taking out the pistons, im sure you can take out rod bolts and swap them one by one.. but since the bearings are probably old, Id replace them as well. It should already be balanced if your not changing anything.

If done right, i dont see why it woulnt hold up to 7k runs. Just as long as the oil pump is in good shape.

But then again, if its for 1 SCCA event, youll be fine. If your going on weekend runs regularly, you should consider a full re-build.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough

Yeah oiling has been a research topic, #410 scrap attack chump team run b's now but had much to say on the value of pump porting and rpm appropriate pressure from his days running d's
Old 05-13-2016, 08:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

According to yelp the best auto tinting is showroom auto tint on Tacoma Mall Boulevard, so I stopped in while I was out there (its a really nice place) and we laughed our asses off about this and had some sodas. Didn't know what was up w who builds max effort scca d15's though

Ppl are really going to extremes w wraps yo, I thought it was just ricer brzs and imprezas doing it
Old 05-13-2016, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I didn't say anything about SCCA build.

Never trust Yelp.

Try a few miles north. Better yet do some searching for OCO and you might find out more.

PS: Your JDM D15B motor is not legal for SCCA.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Last edited by transzex; 05-13-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Oh I know, I don't plan on running scca, budget is more drag friendly. Hoping to go chumping in the next couple years though. (Probly not w this car)

I've just seen too many ppl rev the nuts off stock build Hondas and they don't last long. Id like something that I can run to the best of its potential without worry I'm gonna scatter the bottom end autocrossing it, or that how I drive is otherwise risking it's integrity.

That said I do have a bit of a paranoid streak, so if semi building a bottom end so I can stretch a beast7 is dumb please say so.

Also if adding that much compression without re ringing it is a bad idea speak up!

Everyone seems to say I'm good to go but in my previous experience w domestics I've even had ring failure because I had heads serviced, and just restoring factory compression was too much.

Oh. I totally took oco literally and googled it

Every time I googled oco it thought I meant oso so it gave me soda and landslide results. I honestly started thinking it was like smh where my gf had to Google it just to find out it's just teenie bop text shorthand. Anyway.

I'll keep looking.

Last thing here i swear. Is this fella I seek more likely to have info on a good machinist, or is he a guy to ask about d series headwork?
Old 05-14-2016, 06:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Wait are u talking about one cam only member sohcinwa w his pink dual carbed car we see up at Pacific from time to time?
Old 05-14-2016, 01:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Ask the best tint shop in the area, no I'm not joking.

He was a member here, was issues with OLD moderators and he went off to start his own forum. O.C.O.
Don Moody - Street Designs
Address: 14107 Pioneer Way E, Puyallup, WA 98372
Phone: (253) 604-4068
Hours: Open today 8AM–6PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotec1 View Post
Wait are u talking about one cam only member sohcinwa w his pink dual carbed car we see up at Pacific from time to time?
The car is gone but yes, that guy.

krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2016, 03:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Haha I know EXACTLY where that is and this old car has some bubbly tint I've been meaning to have taken care of anyway. What a happy coincidence THIS is. Lots of thanks guys.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotec1 View Post
Haha I know EXACTLY where that is and this old car has some bubbly tint I've been meaning to have taken care of anyway. What a happy coincidence THIS is. Lots of thanks guys.
Ask him about the Golf Cart.

krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2016, 08:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

The cart of death!

Quote:
Old 05-27-2016, 08:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 PPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatnessPPorting is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PPorting

Dons a great dude can't go wrong knows a thing or two about D-series
PPorting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in