Wired in DSM 450CC injectors and they will not spray out fuel - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2016, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Wired in DSM 450CC injectors and they will not spray out fuel

I just wired in my dsm 450cc injectors into my Y8 and they will not spray when the fuel pump primes. I am running a resistor box and dsm injector clips. I know that when you turn the key on the injectors should spray a tiny bit of fuel but they dont. If anyone has done this on a y8 and could give me some advice that would be cool. Tried looking at different diagrams but i dont know if i got the right one.
ThatBoostedEj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2016, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 honduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatness

What chassis is this in?

Last edited by honduh666; 04-21-2016 at 03:01 PM.
honduh666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2016, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Did you reprogram the ecu for the different injectors ?

And which dsm 450's blue tops do need a resistor box?
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 12:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by honduh666 View Post
What chassis is this in? If it's an obd2 car you dont need the resistor box.
DSM injectors are low-impedance. Yes, he needs the resistor box.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2016, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 honduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatness

Oh wow. Thanks for clearing that up.
honduh666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2016, 06:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honduh666 View Post
Oh wow. Thanks for clearing that up.
Yeah, Mitsubishi used low-impedance injectors in the 4G63 all the way up to the EvoIX, lol
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 01:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!

I just wired in my dsm 450cc injectors into my Y8 and they will not spray when the fuel pump primes.

maybe its wired wrong and how are you checking for a spray?

at the least check that you have battery power on one of the injector plug wires,
or get a noid light and check if it pulses...
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 07:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

People are still using these damn things with all of the affordable modern injectors?

I guess if they are still laying around...

Also, I have never witness nor heard of the injectors firing when the fuel pump primes as that makes no sense at all.

You'd be much better off to just crank it over and see if it fires ASSuming you have a re-scaled calibration to account for the injector change.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2016, 12:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

They are NOT supposed to spray when the pump primes, not even a drop. If you've ever had a Honda do that, it should get looked at for crossed wired. The only time they will spray is if the ECU thinks the engine is indeed turning over. To see that it needs all the distributor sensors (and wiring) working, along with the ECU, main relay, and ignition switch.

Do you have a factory service manual (Helms)? Have you tried any of the flowchart diagnostics in it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2016, 06:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I have the wiring correct but i was told that when you turn the key on and when the fuel pump primes it should spray a tiny bit of fuel out, maybe he is wrong. I am running black tops with a resistor box and it into a 1998 honda civic.
ThatBoostedEj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
They are NOT supposed to spray when the pump primes, not even a drop.
^^^ This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
People are still using these damn things with all of the affordable modern injectors?
Yup, got mine for $50. Tested at 460 cc and within 1.2% of each other. Kind of hard to beat that at the price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
Also, I have never witness nor heard of the injectors firing when the fuel pump primes as that makes no sense at all.
^^^ This. Your ECU doesn't tell the injectors to fire when the fuel pump primes. It tells them to fire when the CAS says it's cool. Here's a question; is this your only concern? Because if so then you don't have a problem if your injectors aren't leaking fuel when the fuel pump primes.

My website:

Last edited by keel_hauled; 05-02-2016 at 07:23 PM.
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2016, 05:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

um. fuel doesnt spray when the pump primes.
Fuel doesnt kick in until the ecu gets a crank signal and tells the injectors to fire.

We dont have new electronics in are cars they dont do batch fire.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
boost, d16y8, dsm 450cc, ej8, turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in