Honda D Series Forum banner

Wired in DSM 450CC injectors and they will not spray out fuel

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  xile6 
#1 ·
I just wired in my dsm 450cc injectors into my Y8 and they will not spray when the fuel pump primes. I am running a resistor box and dsm injector clips. I know that when you turn the key on the injectors should spray a tiny bit of fuel but they dont. If anyone has done this on a y8 and could give me some advice that would be cool. Tried looking at different diagrams but i dont know if i got the right one.

#7 ·
I just wired in my dsm 450cc injectors into my Y8 and they will not spray when the fuel pump primes.

maybe its wired wrong and how are you checking for a spray?

at the least check that you have battery power on one of the injector plug wires,
or get a noid light and check if it pulses...

#8 ·
People are still using these damn things with all of the affordable modern injectors?

I guess if they are still laying around...

Also, I have never witness nor heard of the injectors firing when the fuel pump primes as that makes no sense at all.

You'd be much better off to just crank it over and see if it fires ASSuming you have a re-scaled calibration to account for the injector change.

#9 ·
They are NOT supposed to spray when the pump primes, not even a drop. If you've ever had a Honda do that, it should get looked at for crossed wired. The only time they will spray is if the ECU thinks the engine is indeed turning over. To see that it needs all the distributor sensors (and wiring) working, along with the ECU, main relay, and ignition switch.

Do you have a factory service manual (Helms)? Have you tried any of the flowchart diagnostics in it?

#11 · (Edited)
They are NOT supposed to spray when the pump primes, not even a drop.
^^^ This.

People are still using these damn things with all of the affordable modern injectors?
Yup, got mine for $50. Tested at 460 cc and within 1.2% of each other. Kind of hard to beat that at the price point.

Also, I have never witness nor heard of the injectors firing when the fuel pump primes as that makes no sense at all.
^^^ This. Your ECU doesn't tell the injectors to fire when the fuel pump primes. It tells them to fire when the CAS says it's cool. Here's a question; is this your only concern? Because if so then you don't have a problem if your injectors aren't leaking fuel when the fuel pump primes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.