Comp cams valve springs. 912-16 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2016, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 leec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Comp cams valve springs. 912-16

Hello all,

I've been offered some comp cams valve springs from a local guy for what seems like a reasonable price. The part No. Is 912-16.

However there doesn't seem to be too much info knocking around for them. Does or has anyone run them? Any thoughts or experiences?

Do they need seats underneath them to have the correct installed height like some springs, their website doesn't say much on the fitting requirements.

I'm running a delta 272 cam in a d16a6 on twin 45 carbs and I wanna ensure the valve train is nice and stable in the higher revs as its a track car/weekend toy. It would be nice to take it up to 8k if it makes power there too without having to worry about the valves dancing.

Thanks,

Lee
leec4391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2016, 03:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

coughcallcompcough
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2016, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 leec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Borat

I could call comp but don't fancy spending the extortionate amount per minute as im i the UK. Plus im sure i'd get greeted with a sales pitch aswell as the info im after. Nothing like cold hard experience either.

I've since messaged Jon at Delta and hes recommended installing them with a slightly shorter installed height to raise seat pressure a little. I sent him the specs of the valve springs and he said they will be good to use.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Done my research, didn't realise comp cams and Zex are the same people.

Looks like they don't need seats but i will measure the installed height when building the head back up as i plant to get a valve job anyway, then will shim if necessary.

Jon recommended installing them at 1.920" rather than comp cams 1.950" to give a slightly higher spring seat pressure, when i asked why he advocated doing this he replied ''to boost open(max lift) pressure''
Old 03-21-2016, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

After taking delivery of the springs i quickly looked at them and realised 8 were different to the other 8.

8 had a thicker gauge wire measuring at 3.50mm, the other 8 were slightly thinner at 3.30mm(awfully if not exactly the same as stock?) which worries me as there is no mention of two different spec springs for intake and exhaust. The free height is approximately the same.

I'm worried 8 are uprated and the others are just stockers, the thinner springs have no colouring on them though like honda springs. I've emailed Comp Cams to see if they can help.

Any one shed any light?
Old 03-22-2016, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Post a pic of the set.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in