D15b2 mods - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Building

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2016, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D15b2 mods

Im making mini me.
car has coilovers, dc2 braking, nice interior.
Engine:
Head z6 ported and polished, valve work.
ported and polished z6 tb.
polished y8 manifold
stock exhaust for start.(will be upgraded afterwards as i have my car runing)
cr will be around 10.7
arp head studs
chiped ecu

car is stoped for 2 years, im thinking if i should do something else on mods.
i tought about boring but not much gains for the money (boring+ pistons+ troubles)
cams looks a little overkill or also not worth the money.
its a for daily driver but would like to reach something around 150hp (maybe thats too much if i want to have low gas consumption)

i have seen much posts but still struggling if i should realy buy cams or if they are not worth for D15.. i want to keep some decent fuel consumption but put this engine running funy.

any ideas ? specialy about the cams... oem z6 or aftermarket?

i would still like to ask about turbo fuel consumption (still im not going turbo at least for now)

Last edited by joprez; 03-18-2016 at 05:18 PM.
joprez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2016, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series Janitor

Rep Power: 15 88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness88cr-rex is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Unless you are in boost all of the time, the MPG with a turbo isn't much less than a naturally aspirated car and it's usually better all things considered because the power is added through boost instead of with overlap and RPM giving the car more low-end torque.

I wouldn't bother with a cam yet until you did the turbo and got all of that sorted out via tuning. If you are trying to go the N/A route then really that is your only option.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in