Honda D Series Forum banner

d16y8

736 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  iwanttofarm 
#1 ·
I purchased a 99 civic ex a while back and it didnt pass state patrol inspection, vin on the block didnt match vin an the car. So for now I just want to get it on the road and then save for a big swap, what would be the best bottom end for my y8 head.

thank you for help

#3 ·
So...why did it not pass inspection? Was the engine block reported stolen? A '99 civic comes with a D16Y8 from the factory, there are tons of cars out there with replacement motors from a wrecked car, or a swapped car.

#4 ·
^^^ This. also if it didnt pass because the vin didnt match why would you swap another motor with another different vin in? not enough info to give proper advise...:bash:

#5 ·
i need to have a bill of sale with vin and/or copy of title with vin. y8 blocks have been tough for me to find with paper work or a fair price. if there was a block that was easier to come by like a y7 or a obd 2 jdm at a better price that would work well with the y8 head. i bought the car from a guy that had a dealers license that said he would take care of everything..... he took care of me. thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.