Honda D Series Forum banner

Ceramic coated p28's?

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  sick1camcivic 
#1 · (Edited)
Ceramic coated p29's?

has anyone sent off a set of p29's to be ceramic coated? i do not want vitara pistons because my static compression will be way to low for off boost power (it won't exist, lol). i am looking to get a set of .5mm oversized p29's and send them off to be coated. let me know if you or some one you know has done this with any success.

#2 ·
pistons will be used with bisi rods and a garrett big t28 at around 12-15psi.

#4 ·
anything from anyone?

#9 ·
I would prefer to see you use PG6s instead of P29s in a boost build. They are much more forgiving in tuning, especially with the loads the pistons will be seeing. The PG6 ring lands are designed better, IMO.

The only exception to this is the NPR 30mm compression height pistons, but, those will be very high SCR.

How are you going to be tuning this and what fuel will you be using?

I would prefer to see you coat the pistons yourselves then send them out. Techline by Caswell Coatings are what is likely to be used on your pistons, anyway. They sell their products to most coaters, so, DIY and then offer the service to other people to make some money.

#10 ·
p29s wont be too high for boost

they fuck your quench up thats all

people boost K series motors, and they are 11-11.61:1 compression motors

#11 ·
thanks for the input guys, and yeah, the piston codes get mixed up a lot. i think i may go with a set of supertech 8.8:1 pistons, this is a perfect scr for turbo, though i would prefer to have around a 9.2:1. and i will be using either hondata s300 or i may use my megasquirt that i already have in another car, hoping to get an lm-2 in a few weeks, that will make my life much easier. oh and one more thing, 9.2:1 is not too high for boost, i had a twincharged mk1 mr2 that i bought and rebuilt the motor (thats why the guy sold it) and it had 10.3:1 pistons in it and was running 13psi, on 100 octane and we did get it to run on premium for a while, then the oil pump went on at V.I.R. and i never worked on it again, that was when i bought my first honda, an 89 prelude all motor 241hp, and then it spun a rod due to the oil starvation of the number 3 journal and i traded it for my civic, plus some cash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.