Honda D Series Forum banner

I need some help, ran into a problem

835 views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  racerxnitro 
#1 ·
okay so i fully built this d16y8, vitaras, rods, the works, bored and honed and notched. we go to put it in and one of the head stud threads is striped out. can i just put a coil in it? no one anywhere does inserts for d-series.

what should i doooooo:no:

#2 ·
no one?

#4 ·
are you positive its stripped? I know I thought the front right hole was stripped because the stud stook out farther than the rest, but its supposed to be like that.

#7 ·
if its stripped its going to have to be heli-coiled. you cant re-tap a stripped hole to the same size, it would end up bigger. id try to helicoil or just get another block

#8 ·
yeah stripped . the thread came out. i found a guy with a Y8 block in my area. i tore down the current completed block .now i gotta get new gaskets and rings. it sucks

#9 ·
yeah it sucks but at least it didnt blow out on you once the engine was running which would have been alot worse

#10 ·
i thought there was a helicoil in the hole sideways so i didn't give it any thought until i went to put the head on then i relized the threads broke off and were in there sideways

#14 ·
I have used plenty of helicoil kits on numerous cars and they have done fine but that was usually something for a exhaust stud or something. I know plenty of people that use them in blocks and stuff but I don't know if I would do that personally.

If you got mad skills or know somebody that does you can always fill the hole, drill it and re-tap it with the stock size stud. I had a buddy that did that for me on numerous vw blocks that were magnesium/aluminum alloys.

#15 ·
im just going to have a new y8 block bored and honed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.