Need help with ZC engine build - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction DOHC ZC

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 09:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Need help with ZC engine build

Soo i got the ZC1 in my 4gen civic.....now the zc1 is vac. adv. timing. Now here the prob....i have the wires of a D16A6 (Si right?)...whats the best way to go...stay vac. or go electrical timing?....i have all the vac. parts for the engine........what would i need for the electical timing ?
Deadboy48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2006, 09:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I would imagine an ECU and dizzy from a elec. adv. zc1, and the patience to wire it up... I would personally just stay vac. unless you REALLY want elec.... But it isn't that much better...
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2006, 09:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaos325

stay vac unless you wanting to really tune it or boost. I prefer electronic advance timing. Just grab the whole harness from ecu to motor off a 88-89 integra.

check out the pile, make offers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chaos325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2006, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

OK to find a 89 integra is realy hard were i live....there are i think about 20 of them .....the older ones well havent seen any in the junkyards.

Im gone boost it next winter but at the moment i just want to get it running.....soo vac is the best at the moment.
If i was to order the ecu and dizzy and go over from vac to elect. i would save some hard work if i was to boost it lates.....elect. would need less rewireing right?

The connectors fit fine on the D16A6 inner wires and ZC1 engine wires....so if i was to rewire the elect. D16A6 inner wires to vac will i have to use the older year ecu connector or could i use the ones that it has?

The rewireing would not be a prob for me ....i have build the 91 accord dashboard in to my civic with all the electics of the accord
Deadboy48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in