Honda D Series Forum banner

What cams and spring/retainer/valves are you guys running ?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  cxserver 
G
#1 ·
hullo all...

its been far too long of a stock engine ive been running ~ its a d16a8 in a 92 EG5 HB (stock here in Oz). Ive got a plethora or suspension work and the thing handles like a cat on carpet. But it just lacks any "go" from 3rd gear onwards.

What camshaft combos are you guys running on the street , and making decent numbers ? my car is 100hp-ish atw stock. Im looking for a increase at 50% throttle and lower to midrange indeed :)

Fire away...

#2 · (Edited)
I know crespo make higher lift spring that are steel. JG makes dual spring and retainers that are titanium. Group buy on those her http://www.thezcr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12664

Like you said good on 1 thru 3 and a bit into 4 is what I get. I'm boostin the motor right now. Best hp to dollar ratio for top end power imo.

#3 ·
Turbo is the only way you're going to see a 50% increase in power unless you have a shit ton of money to dump into an N/A build.

#5 ·
bennjamin said:
you misread my question - im after mods which will increase torque and lower -midrange power...(that is , tuned at 50% throttle)
sorry dude :hammer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.